June 2019 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 391
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: City, State

What is the earliest day you ladies POAS after O?

Post # 392
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
kmh23 : I’m going to start POAS at 9 DPO, but mainly just because I have some extra (expired) tests sitting around and am impatient. 9DPO seems to give a slim but physiologically plausible chance of a positive. After that I’ll probably wait until 11 or 12DPO, when in most cases HCG should be high enough to show up (if it ever will that month).  What about you?

Post # 393
33 posts
Newbee

View original reply
stellate23 :  I think I’m going to do the same! I was feeling that 9DPO was going to be too early to tell but I’m also getting impatient! That’ll put me at testing on 6/23 I believe, but that is just based on tracking on an app. 

If it doesn’t work out this month I think I’m going to buy OPKs to better gauge my cycle. 

Post # 394
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Santa Margarita Ranch

View original reply
ClaudiaKishi :  
View original reply
future_mrs_s :  Congrats ladies! <3

I’m officially in the TWW today at 1 DPO :). We hit O-3, O-1 and the morning of O (I o’d around 4pm Monday and we BD Monday early am).

Not going to lie, since the timing was pretty great this month, I’m going to be pretty disappointed with another BFN.

I keep reminding myself that even if we had perfect timing, there’s still only a 20-30% chance of conceiving. But as we all know, logic hardly ever prevails while TTC lol!

Anyone else in the TWW?

Post # 395
134 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
RThorn :  I’m 1 DPO too. I think…. My LH is low, I no longer have ewcm, and I don’t feel ovary pain anymore! When do you plan on testing? My TWW is actually not 2 weeks at all. According to one app I should start my period next Wednesday which would be 8 DPO and another app at 9 DPO. I just hope they’re both wrong. 

Post # 396
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Santa Margarita Ranch

View original reply
lovelola214 :  That’s crazy! I’m in the same boat too…I usually get my period on the 12th day after I O, giving me a luteal phase of 11/12 days. I’m trying to decide when I want to POAS – in January I tested on 9/10 DPO but got a BFN only to later get a light positive a week later and have it turn into a CP.

I also have a thyroid disorder and my endocrinologist told me to contact him as soon as I find out I’m pregnant since he’ll want to increase my meds. So on the one hand I don’t want to test until I miss my period, but on the other I feel like if I test earlier and get a slight positive, he can increase my meds and it might decrease the chance of another chemical pregnancy. I don’t know what to do lol!

I’ll have my fingers crossed for you that AF doesn’t come when the app says it will. Have you had short luteal phases in the past? Hopefully if you O’d later than normal your luteal phase will keep up with it and AF won’t come in 8/9 days.

Post # 397
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
kmh23 : the fertility friend app must have read my mind this morning; they linked to some data showing that only 10% of users who ended up with a positive pregnancy test tested positive at 10 dpo. 13 and 14 dpo were much better. Still, I tested anyway at 8/9 DPO this morning.. and of course negative.

View original reply
RThorn :  great timing!  I’m also in the 2ww.. 8/9 DPO and trying to hold out until 12dpo to test again. I’m mostly just grateful that I ovulated this month (albeit super late) and trying really hard to focus on the wins, rather than the lack of a bfp. That’s tough with your thyroid considerations… TTC can be so emotionally taxing.

View original reply
lovelola214 :  crossing my fingers for a healthy luteal phase!

Post # 398
871 posts
Busy bee

AF arrived this morning and I will be rolling over. Congrats to the BFP’s and good luck to all those left to test!

Post # 401
134 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  Thank you fx for us both!

View original reply
RThorn :  I only started using OPKs last month, that’s when I realized my LP was only 9 days, but I also only had a 21 day cycle that month which is a little short (normal is 23-24 for me) so I’m hoping that was a one-time thing. I had a very stressful month with wedding, work and had bad insomnia for a solid 2 weeks+. 

Post # 402
871 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
SeaOfLove :  Thank you!! My hopes weren’t really high because I knew our timing could have been better. Hoping for a bfp cycle with this next one! 🙂

Post # 403
440 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
SeaOfLove :  thanks for asking! I’m okay, disappointed that we couldn’t do it on our first try but also hopeful for next month. Also, this is definitely a period. My first one after my IUD removal was pretty skimpy, mostly spotting. Not this month! Lol!

For now I’m to figure out how to lengthen my luteal phase as it’s been pretty short (9/10 days). Anyone on here tried taking Vitamin B6 to help? 

Post # 404
333 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MrsBrew :  I haven’t tried it specifically and this could be purely coincidental but for the last 6 months I’ve had 23-24 day cycles which were giving me a luteal phase of like 8-9 days and I started taking women’s multi vitamins and that month (my last cycle) was 27 days! I know they have vitamin b6 but I don’t know whether it had anything to do with them really. I say give it a try! 

Post # 405
333 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
RThorn : oh my gosh how do you know down to the time? Go you! I’m sorry to hear that bee. I would say maybe test early just in case then? Although I know it’s very disheartening to see BFN’s if it can help in the long run then it might be worth it.

I think I’m waiting … I have to see how my temps hold up but I think I O’d yesterday although I don’t think our timing ended up great. -4, -3, -2 and then O (if I did in fact O yesterday). Fell asleep on -1 lol boo. Hopefully we magically got the timing right. Waiting S U C K S. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors