June 2020 Mamas!

posted 2 weeks ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’d love to join a FB group! I joined the May Group because I hadn’t seen a June group pop up yet, and though my Dear Daughter is June 4th, I likely will give birth at the end of May. Everyone is way further along than I am, so would be good to be with some June moms too. I am in a June 2017 group, and agree, it has been such a positive thing for me!

How old are you (if you want to share)?

35 and my husband is 41

How far along are you? 5 weeks 1 day

Estimated Due Date? June 4th

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? Last Wednesday, so I’ve known for over a week!

Who have you told? Just my husband

When do you plan to tell other people? Not until 12 weeks, unless I have to! I’d like to tell my parents sooner, probably after 1st doctors appt. 

How did you tell your partner? Just showed him the test!

Any symptoms? I’m already so bloated πŸ™

What are you most excited about? Getting past 12 weeks, I hate feeling like I have to hide something, especially at work… when everyone just knows and it’s not a secret!

When is your first appointment? Need to schedule it!

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Not until the day I give birth. I didn’t for my first and it doesn’t really matter to me one way or the other. 

Post # 6
67 posts
Worker bee

Rafissch :  I was due June 8th last time, and had an emergency c-section on May 30th. This time I’m due June 4th and will for sure have a planned c-section, so likely will be late May. I’m super type A – but I loved the surprise of all the doctors guessing the sex of the baby before delivery, and everyone was wrong! 

Part of the reason I don’t care is because I already have a girl… but my husband really wants a boy. I feel like either way it will be a good combo! Though to be honest, I’ll still probably buy more stuff I don’t need! haha

Post # 7
765 posts
Busy bee

EEK! I’ve been waiting for one of these to pop up! Thanks for posting! I’d love to join the FB group! I’m in a January 2017 FB group and it’s been so awesome and we still post all the time!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 33

How far along are you? 4w2d

Estimated Due Date? June 11th

What baby # is this? #2! We also have a 20 month old daughter

How many cycles trying? I got so lucky, 1 cycle trying

When did you get your BFP? September 28<sup>th</sup>, at 9DPO! This was incredibly exciting for me because I’ve been preggo twice (one MC) and didn’t get a BFP until 13DPO either time!

Who have you told? Our siblings and parents. I got betas done on 30Sep/2Oct and they were GREAT so I feel pretty confident this is a sticky baby

When do you plan to tell other people? I’m not sure. We didn’t announce publicly until 20 weeks last time and I think we told our extended family at 12 weeks. We have an u/s scheduled on 24Oct so maybe after that? If we see a heartbeat and everything looks good I think we’ll tell our extended family earlier.

How did you tell your partner? I got out a big sister shirt we have for our daughter and showed it to him with the pregnancy test. He had just woken up and was a little confused lol! But he’d known that I was planning to test so it wasn’t a huge surprise either

Any symptoms? The day I found out I felt like I got hit by a truck. Super exhausted, nauseated, and dizzy. Not sure if it was my body acclimating or if I got a short bug because I feel great right now. I’m already having a bit of pregnancy insomnia and expect morning sickness to start soon like it did with my daughter though.

What are you most excited about? I can’t wait to go through the newborn period as an experienced mom! And I’m SO excited to see my daughter be a big sis. It’s just going to be so fun to do it all again. 

When is your first appointment? We’ve already had 2 betas done but I’ll officially see my midwife on October 24<sup>th</sup>… eek!

When are you planning on finding out the sex?  We’re going to find out when we get the genetic testing done, so between 9 and 10 weeks. I think we’ll do a small gender reveal with our immediate family and just have dinner and some kind of small low-key reveal. I REALLY wanted a girl last time so this time I’m not bothered by whatever we have. I’d LOVE another girl but would be super happy with a boy too!

Post # 8
765 posts
Busy bee

Rafissch :  Congratulations!! We told our hubs the same way lol! And are so close in pregnancy dates, eek! Also, we have appointments super close together too!

Super jealous you didn’t have morning sickness last time! My friend didn’t have it with either of her pregnancies so hopefully you’ll get lucky this time too! I’m super crampy too. I cramped my whole first tri with my first pregnancy.

froghop22 :  Congratulations! Ugh, I’m so bloated too. I felt HUGE in my first tri with my daughter even though I wasn’t but it was the bloating! I totally agree about being able to talk normally about it and just wanting the first 12 week period to be over. I’m SO early and I almost mentioned it to a passing acquaintance in the break room today. That’s AWESOME you’re not finding out the gender before you deliver!

Post # 10
29 posts
Newbee

Roll Call!

How old are you (if you want to share)?  28

How far along are you? 5w1d

Estimated Due Date? June 4, 2020

What baby # is this? My first πŸ™‚

How many cycles trying? 1! We were so blessed, there are so many ppl around me struggling with interfility, including my soon to be sister-in-law, my best friend, and a few coworkers.  We are getting married on Oct 19, so we decided to quit preventing last month because of it, and here we are πŸ™‚

When did you get your BFP?  At 10 DPO on Sept 21

Who have you told? My fiance (obviously), he told his best friend, I told my best friend, and my brother and sister in law (They have an 11 month old so I wanted to be able to talk to her about pregnancy things πŸ™‚ 

When do you plan to tell other people?  Parents within the next week or so.  Then we will tell most other friends and family after my initial ultrasound, then publically after 12 weeks.

How did you tell your partner?  I left a note and gift for him.  The note said I had bad news and that was that we would have to lie to a lot of ppl at the wedding and I needed to add another person to the guest list.  Then the good news was in the box.  It had another note in it, a onsie saying “my mommie saves lives and my daddy rescues them (I’m a nurse and he is a fireman), and the 2 pregnancy tests that I took.  He loved it! 

Any symptoms?  So far I had one day where I was starving all day and was really tired and emotional.  A couple of days after my BFP I noticed that I would get lightheaded and dizzy if I didn’t drink a lot of water. Other than that nothing crazy to talk about, minimal breast soreness, bloating, fatigue….fingers crossed I get through the wedding without nausea/sickness!

What are you most excited about?  Right now, going to my first ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat!!

When is your first appointment?  Oct 22 at 7w5d

When are you planning on finding out the sex? As soon as I can!

Post # 11
67 posts
Worker bee

tarheelgirlx3 :  Due date Twin! I also love the way you told your husband… honey we have an extra guest at the wedding! And I LOVE the onesie – you are too cute!

Rafissch: I’m not planning to say anything to my daughter until the second trimester – or once the bump is showing. Probably at Christmas when we are home with family and everyone is talking about it, she will want to know whats up. 

Post # 13
29 posts
Newbee

Rafissch :  yes! I went to UNC..twice! πŸ™‚ I also have family in Wilmington. Small world!

Post # 14
29 posts
Newbee

froghop22 :  yay date twins! Thanks! Because of our jobs we work opposite shifts a lot.  I already held in the news for 2 days and it was killing me! It was going to be another 3 or 4 days before I saw him in person so I decided to leave that gift.  I called him while I was at work and made him find it….it was so fun πŸ™‚

Post # 15
81 posts
Worker bee

How old are you (if you want to share)? 27

How far along are you? 5 weeks 5 days

Estimated Due Date? June 7, 2020

What baby # is this? 1st

How many cycles trying? 1! We got super lucky with the timing working out and it sticking this cycle! Hoping it continues to stick! 

When did you get your BFP? Last week on 9/24, 10 DPO

Who have you told? Too many people probably lol! My parents, husband’s parents, my sisters, his brother, my best friend, 2 of my close cousins, and a friend from work πŸ™Š I have a big mouth but we also believe in the power of prayer and wanted to keep our most near and dear in the loop so they’d pray for us if they choose.  

When do you plan to tell other people? Planning to tell the rest of our families/maybe pubically (haven’t decided yet) on Christmas at our family party at 17 weeks!

How did you tell your partner? It was so crazy.  I tested at 7 DPO knowing it was too early and it’d be negative and it was. I told myself I’d wait until after I missed my period the following week to teat again. Then the night of 10 DPO I had a vivid dream that I tested and it was positive so when I woke up I was like okay, I’ll do it again fully expecting it to be negative. It wasn’t!! So I turned the lamp on and woke my husband up (he was not pleased at being woken up and then super shocked) and showed him the test! 

Any symptoms? Fatigue, extreme thirst/hunger, and a bit of nasea  

What are you most excited about? Being first time parents! Hearing the heartbeat and seeing our baby grow over the next 9 months

When is your first appointment? October 24

When are you planning on finding out the sex? YES! I am way too much of a planner not to. We plan on doing genetic testing bloodwork as soon as possible and will find out the gender from that. I would prefer a girl but honestly just hope for a healthy little baby, no matter the gender! I also have a feeling it’s going to be a boy, don’t know why but we’ll see! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors