June 2021 POAS

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 166
2594 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I still lurk on the POAS boards, and my care team said any LP past 10 full days was good. Mine were typically 12 (sometimes 11, sometimes 13, sometimes the odd 14-15 to throw me off!), and we conceived twice (first was a miscarriage, second one is 15 weeks 1 day and cooking!). 

Good luck, bees! TTC is the actual worst and I hope you all get to roll call in due date clubs so soon! These boards, even when the first-time-unicorn-BFPs sting, help a lot. I was on 10 of them and they made it so much easier. 

Post # 167
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

View original reply
@missexcited1985:  Thanks bee ๐Ÿ™‚

I think it’s absolutely down to personal preference if you want to tell people about TTC. When we first started we didn’t tell anyone at all, but after our first early loss I realised I wanted to promote the conversation, plus it gets rid of nosey people pretty quickly when you answer ‘where’s the baby’ and with we’ve had 2 early miscarriages. I’m certainly not trying to be nasty about it, but hope it prompts people to think a little harder about how they discuss these things.

If we’re lucky enough to eventually get out sticky bean, when we officially announce I will also acknowledge the journey it’s been, in the hopes it’s a little reassuring/opens the conversation for anyone else in our life going through this roller coaster.

I think being honest has been very freeing for me, as I was so ‘secretive’ before and was starting to find it stressful, but everyone has to do what’s right for them.

I agree 100% the way people give unsolicited advice and just essentially ask if you’re using birth control is not appropriate, and especially when you’ve not had an easy journey, it’s often an unintended gut punch. Having said that, most people asking are ignorant of their intrusiveness and how upsetting they may be, so I guess I’m trying to not take it personally, and educate them a little.

I hope your husband is now well, and you guys can be strong for each other ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@penguin14: Thanks bee ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I’m sorry you’re feeling lonely through this. Miscarriage is such a hard thing, you look fine on the outside, and often no one knows you’re pregnant or trying so it’s not like anyone can ask if you’re okay. Always happy to be messaged if you want to vent.

In regards to LP I’ve never made it to 14 days, usually 11-13. I think anything over 10 is considered ‘okay’ for ttc purposes. You could discuss with your doc getting a day 21 progesterone to check that’s not the cause, but more than likely it’s just normal variability. I have a 29 day cycle, and so grateful opks work for me, as I would not have know I O on 16-18 with a shorter LP. Good luck continuing this journey. 

View original reply
@sarfin914:  Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 168
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Thanks everyone, I still haven’t started bleeding yet but still BFNs so far. Only 11dpo but my typical cycle would have my period starting today but I did ovulate quite late. 
I picked up some FRERs today and will just keep testing until a line or AF appears. I’ll keep you updated!

Post # 169
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Okay I’m out, AF just arrived. At least my luteal phase was 11 days, not ideal but not the worst. definitely going to buy a whole heap of cheapie OPKs and maybe even temp next month to better identify ovulation timing.

good luck for those left this month

Post # 171
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Seems I’ve come on today so a rollover for me ๐Ÿ˜” 

Post # 172
91 posts
Worker bee

I thought I had come on but has just been occasional spotting (light brown/pinky) and am now 3/4 days late but bfn yesterday when I tested.

I’m normally regular so this is a bit weird for me, plus I’ve not had my usual symptoms leading up to AF.

I guess it’s just a waiting game 

Post # 173
32 posts
Newbee

I’m noticing ewcm starting yesterday at day 7 and there’s also brownish spotting with it too. Any bees get that too?

Post # 175
91 posts
Worker bee

AF arrived with a vengeance last night so that’s def me out.

View original reply
@sarfin914:  hopefully a break will do the trick for you 

Post # 176
842 posts
Busy bee

Guess I’ll jump in here at the last moment… Got a surprise positive about two weeks ago and still wrapping my head around it! Our first pregnancy took three cycles, this one happened after one try (one BD session) and seeing the initial positive line was one of the biggest surprises of my life! I’m one who warns my friends who are just starting that they should be patient and prepared it may take longer than they expect, so I was thinking it would take a few months, like last time.

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: 

Ovulation date: 6/4

POAS date: 6/17

Usual cycle length:

Cycles trying: 1

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Due to being out of town, only had one try and it was before my ovulation date.

Trying anything new this month?

For fun: What is your favorite summertime meal? Anything fresh from the garden

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by bear123.
Post # 177
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Nazareth Hall

Also jumping in here last minute. These boards were lifesavers through our TTC jouney for our first little babe. Hoping to get into a month group provided the beta I took this morning comes back okay. 

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: CD41

Ovulation date: 6/4-ish

POAS date: 6/29

Usual cycle length: 28-30 days

Cycles trying: 1

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Haaaa nothing. We went through 2.5 years of infertility and IVF with a FET for our daughter. Embryos were destroyed in a malfunction at the clinic and we just assumed we would only have one. We have (had?) severe male factor infertility so I’m not sure if that’s not a factor anymore or if we just got lucky.

Trying anything new this month?

For fun: What is your favorite summertime meal? Salads with marinated grilled chicken

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors