(Closed) June 21, 2012 Summer Solstice

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Our wedding is the 1st weekend of summer solstice! We thought about that when we first booked the date =) I think it’s awesome you are having your wedding on the day you started dating! It doesn’t matter what day it is- it’s so romantic. =)

I would have loved to have had my wedding on April 24th (the day we started dating) but it wouldn’t work for us with the honeymoon and venue and all.

Post # 4
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

That was what we had always thought, to marry on our anniversary date, April 13.  But we wanted an outdoor wedding and felt safer weather wise in Philadelphia with June.  I think its modern and it is important to remember this is your wedding day and it should be whatever YOU TWO want.  Bonuses are that hopefully it was less expensive on a weekday at your venue, and guests will be more inclined to take off on Friday and may make the party last all night, or again the next morning.  The summer solstice is great for photographs too!

Post # 6
35 posts
Newbee

Our date is June 21 also! Since 2012 is a leap year the solstice is actually on June 20th, but most years it is on the 21st. We don’t mind the middle of the week since we’re getting married in Jamaica. We arrive on the 19th and the 21st was the first day we could have the ceremony due to having to be in the country for 48 hours before the wedding.

Post # 7
2697 posts
Sugar bee

Aww, thats my parents anniversary! I’m not sure my mom enjoys hearing “the longest day of the year….” every. time. in a groaning voice from my dad, though! 😉

Post # 8
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

This is my date also, got to love mid-week deals! 🙂 

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi ladies, I got engaged in feb to my partner of nearly 6 years and decided on this date too! I think it’s such a great day to get married on. Here in the uk it’s a Thursday but I don’t want to wait another year! So got 3 months and 2 weeks ish to get it planned . We’re having a ceremony in an old mansion and the reception at a hotel down the road from where I grew up by the sea, I also worked there for a while and have seen countless weddings there, its set on the cliffs with amazing views, I’m going to decorate the mulberry tree in the garden with lanterns and ribbons, we’ll be having BBQ fish for main coz we’re all in the fish trade and ice cream for dessert I found some lovely midsummer’ nights dream confetti on eBay,. It’s known as the marriage of the earth and the sun. Love it 🙂 good luck everyone

Post # 10
2750 posts
Sugar bee

We’re getting married on June 20th!! =)

It’s a destination so we were able to do a weekday wedding~

The topic ‘June 21, 2012 Summer Solstice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors