(Closed) June 2/2012 wedding.. could possibly fall on a Stanley Cup Final game day

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I just have to know….who’s your team?

I have the same wedding date and you’d better BELIEVE that if my team was in a Cup final game I’d sneak a tv into the reception!!  I don’t have to worry about that because I’m a Leaf fan, though….  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

hockey fans in the house! I totally get what you are saying but how cool would that be for you too! GO BLUES!

Post # 6
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@junehearts: Haha, yes, it could always be worse. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Honestly, I wouldn’t start worrying about it until maybe the second or third round of the playoffs and if it comes to that, definitely have announcements!  I’m sure a lot of people would be checking their phones for updates as well.  It’s hard to advise you because, as a Leafs fan, I’d pretty much have to put my wedding on hold for 3 hours if they were in the Cup Finals (I’d probably insist).  Good luck!!

Post # 7
1212 posts
Bumble bee

Sorry to sound terribly ignorant, but would that be the last game? Or would there be a chance of a game the next week also?

If you’re both hockey fans, then it sounds like it would be a great addition to your wedding to have the game happening. In addition to announcing the score, you could tivo the game so that people could watch afterward.

Post # 8
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

First things first, GO CANUCKS!!!! As an BIG fan myself I completely understand! I was in a wedding last year that the bride was freaking out since her wedding was during playoffs, she planned to have the game playing in the background… it turned out the schedule was that it wasn’t on her actual wedding day. I would try to not worry too much about it yet. I was also in a wedding where it DID fall on game day and the bride threw on her Canucks jersey over her dress and till this day (wedding was years ago) ppl remember that wedding and LOVE the pics of her in her jersey and dress.

Post # 9
2542 posts
Sugar bee

That’s my wedding day, too, and a lot of our wedding party/guests are huge hockey fans. I hate to sound horrible but I would be surprised to see our city’s team get into the playoffs so I am not too worried hahaha

Post # 9
2542 posts
Sugar bee

That’s my wedding day, too, and a lot of our wedding party/guests are huge hockey fans. I hate to sound horrible but I would be surprised to see our city’s team get into the playoffs so I am not too worried hahaha

Post # 10
1941 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m not a huge sports fan, and thankfully neither is anyone in our wedding party. The only downfall for us might mean increased travel fees for that weekend!

Post # 11
106 posts
Blushing bee

and this is why Fiance made me choose the end of June and not the begining! Seriously!!!

Post # 12
1240 posts
Bumble bee

AH I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! 

We aren’t HUGE hockey fans but we watch the playoffs!

I like the idea of having it incorperated. What time is your wedding and reception. Could you buy the internet feed as part of your reception? Sounds tacky, but our wedding is at a baseball game. :3

The topic ‘June 2/2012 wedding.. could possibly fall on a Stanley Cup Final game day’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors