(Closed) June 22nd, 2013 wedding – Just engaged on Christmas Eve!!

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
2400 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Why so fast?

Post # 5
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ohcaptainmycaptain:  Wow – how did you get so much done already?!?!  I got engaged on December 22nd and am also getting married in June – but I’m so far behind you!  Thanks for the kick in the butt, I’ll be getting down to work ASAP πŸ™‚ 

(P.S. I’m glad I’m not the only one on this board that is trying to fit in two years of planning into a sixth month timeline)

Post # 7
785 posts
Busy bee

@ohcaptainmycaptain:  I’ve had some general ideas of what I would like but nothing is finalized.  Currently trying to design Save-The-Date Cards and get our wedding website up and running.  Hopefully tomorrow I can start narrowing down photographers!

I had thought we would get married in Mexico but we just changed our mind at the last minute and decided on a completely different location – all the research I had previously done for Cabo is now in the trash! πŸ˜›

Post # 9
1839 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@ohcaptainmycaptain:  i think that’s more stuff than i did in the first 6 months of my engagement lol

Post # 11
785 posts
Busy bee

@sunshinebee:  Yay for another short engagement!  We girls on tiny timelines need to stick together πŸ˜›

Post # 12
15 posts
Newbee

I can certainly sympathize with cramming wedding planning around school schedules!  I graduate in May we marry in late June and I begin med school in early August.  Fiance is in graduate school currently.  Get help from mom if possible.  Mine is handling all the little details, and I get ultimate veto power.  She is the crafty one, so I am letting her DIY anything she desires.  I of course had to pick major things, but we have done all planning during various school breaks.  Good luck and congratulations!

Post # 13
70 posts
Worker bee

Have you thought of hiring a coordinator?

Post # 14
186 posts
Blushing bee

I got engaged on Christmas eve too and our wedding is going to be June 30th 2013!  Sounds like you’re off to a good start!  Having less time to plan is a little stressful, but after 8.5 years together I just couldn’t wait any longer to marry my man! πŸ˜‰  Yay for short engagements! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
43 posts
Newbee

@JerseyGirl85:  I am having a 6 month engagement after 5 years of dating.  Does it piss you off when people are like why so fast?  I’m literally like, really????fast????  This wedding has been planned in my head for 30 years!  I could plan it in 3 months!

yay for December engagements and June brides!

Post # 16
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@ohcaptainmycaptain:  I think you’re amazing for planning so fast. I often look at these boards and wonder why it takes people 2 years to plan for one day. When you’re a girl on a mission (like myself) you just need to get out there and get it done! We got engaged Christmas Day 2011, but have only really been “planning” since November 2012 – and the only thing we have left to do is get our passports and rings! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘June 22nd, 2013 wedding – Just engaged on Christmas Eve!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors