(Closed) June 23 2012

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Heyyyy, mine is the evening before, on the 22nd ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m so excited!!! I’m going with white, black (just the BM’s dresses!) and galvanized steel/ metal look (my centerpieces are going to be 17″ glavanized steel/ glass lanterns with 8″ white pillar candles inside and white rose heads around the lanterns :)! I would like to add some navy blue in there somewhere, but haven’t figured it out yet. I have pretty much everything ready to go, just have to place the orders online and get to shopping a bit in the next few months! I already have my invitations that I ordered 2 months ago LOL!!!

Getting to dresses and gowns….

My bm’s and moh’s will be in the black version of this dress (follow the link!) http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chiffon-Dress-with-Floral-Detail-and-One-Shoulder-F14010 They are wearing their own shoes/ accessories/ hair and makeup ๐Ÿ™‚

ANDDDDD….. here is my gown that I can’t flippin’ wait to wear (I’m doing my own hair and makeup and would like a flower or a little headband to wear in my hair anddd have to buy shoes at some point)!!!…..

P.S… I have gotten more tattoos on my arm since this photo was taken and my hair is thankfully growing!!

tell me about yours!

Post # 4
71 posts
Worker bee

Wow it’s nice to know ya! We share the same date. I am a Maryland bride but the wedding is in Daytona Beach. We just booked our venue and we realized we have a lot to do because it’s about 8 months away and it’s mostly DIY because our very tight budget. I am starting to freak out about my dress a bit because I had choosen one back in February but I asked to keep a store credit because we couldn’t decide what we were going to do. We just bought our wedding bands today and went to Michael’s and Bed bath and Beyond and have been hooked on the net looking for ideas and collecting prices. I had found what I wanted to do already until my awesome fiance threw in a whole bunch of new ideas of which I am very excited about. (so lucky too to have him be excited and also creative!) We want to do a beach ceremony. We are trying to figure out how to do it since it will be very hot. It’s about 100 people. That’s what I have so far. Our colors are white, green, tan linen(?), and then one more color that will jump out. Here are the pictures that inspired me. 

http://livingwithlindsay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/CamilleWedding-e1302490331800.jpg

http://www.diywedding.org/images/photographers/casey_durgin_photogrphy/Stacey_justin_york/stacey_justin13.jpg

http://www.diywedding.org/images/Emily_and_Scott_redfishphoto3.jpg

http://www.visitlbiregion.com/includes/media/images/beach-info.jpg

Post # 5
13 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies,

June 24 for me.  I am an older bride and the fiance has been married a couple of times before (this is my first) so we are having a Sunday afternoon ceremony and luncheon – this also keeps the costs down and we are very frugal.

I am ordering my dress from Dolly Couture – retro tea length style.  My 26 yr old daughter will be my Maid/Matron of Honor and wear whatever she likes.  I am partial to something floral and flowy so we shall see.  My colours are purple and granny smith apple green.  I am not having centrepieces per se but a line of granny smith apples down the middle of each table along with a table number of some kind.

We are starting with cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres with a ceremony breaking out 30-45 minutes later (details to be worked out).  Further food will be either buffet or food stations for the luncheon part.  I am giving out lifesavers as favours as the fiance and I met in hight school many, many, many years ago and shared these candies across the aisle in social class. 

I still need to choose music for the ceremony – the background music will be provided by an ipod or mp3 filled with the standards of Frank Sinatra and the like (50’s music).  My plan is to have the wedding feel like a retro garden party where the guests mingle, listen to great music, eat terrific food and just have a good time.  If the weather is good, a terrace off the venue room will be available for guests to use.  There are tables and chairs out there too.  And golfers – the venue is a golf course with great views of a beautiful valley.  Hopefully it will all work out.

Good luck with all your planning.

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

this is my dress! my colors are pink and green don’t have too many details yet but everything is going to be kept simple and easy

Post # 7
3121 posts
Sugar bee

Hi!  Don’t mean to overwhelm anyone, but we’ve been engaged since April.  Wanted to share my things!  Our wedding is at 5:30pm.  It’s pretty formal and our colors are black and white, with purple accents.

Here is my dress!  ETA:  I’m going to make it a sweetheart neckline and do some work with the sash.  Also, it’s my mother’s veil so it’s pretty special!

These are our save the dates…they come TOMORROW!

Post # 8
416 posts
Helper bee

Hey Ladies,

My date is June 23, 2012 also and I feel like it is right around the corner. My colors are Orange, Teal, and White. We are doing an intimate setting with only our kidss ( my daughter (15) as my bridesmaid and his son (16) as his best man). We are doing an outside wedding/reception at a museum in Baltimore.

This is my dress simple and sweet

Post # 9
348 posts
Helper bee

June 23 brides!! soooo excited!! less than 6 months! I feel like I have most things done, but still a lot to do!

I need to book limos, sign contract with the centerpiece florist (i have a different one for bouquets because centerpieces came wiht venue, but I’m adding to them a bit), book hotels for the honeymoon, buy gifts for party, work on favors, buy wedding bands, find shoes, so little stuff, but really seems like a lot.

HOw are you girls coming along with the plans?

is anyone else getting freaked out by others reminding you how close it is?

Post # 10
3121 posts
Sugar bee

@goldengrlbride: I’m in the exact same spot!  Currently working on ceremony layout and limos.  Meeting at venue again next week to hash out some details and bringing along our florist. Getting rings next month.  We really need to get on the honeymoon!

I’m not freaked out!  I’m over the moon and so ready for it to GET HERE!

Post # 12
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had a small freak out moment on new years eve, finally the year were were getting married was about to happen. Very excited but nervous as there’s SO much to do, the next 6 months are going to be crazy and we have 2 other weddings as well. Its going to be an awesome 6 months. Yippee.

Post # 13
27 posts
Newbee

I am getting married on June 23, 2012 as well!! I cannot believe it is in less than six months away! I still have lots to do, most importantly, book the florist and the lighting. I’ve already had consultations with both but just need to finalize everything. The rest is just little details…lots of little details! I love it though! so exciting!!!

The topic ‘June 23 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors