(Closed) June 23, 2012

posted 9 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
6891 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Long engagements can be trying (trust me, I speak from current ongoing experience, haha) BUT they also make it WAY more relaxing to plan! I have a friend who had a very quick engagement to wedding ratio and she was constantly stressed. We’ve just been slowly getting things done as we please. 🙂

Congratulations, by the way. 🙂

Post # 4
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

Congrats on picking a date!!  You’re so close to the one year mark.  I promise it’ll go by really fast after that!  When we set our date, it was like 600+ days until our wedding…now it’s 265, and it is flying by!!  It’ll be here before you know it.  Good luck with all your planning!

Post # 6
6891 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@awpeele: Welcome. 🙂 Enjoy the craziness. Lol

Post # 7
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Have fun planning! I’m a June 16, 2012, so I just passed my one-year mark. The first year of the engagement flew by… I feel like I’m really starting to get to work on all the details now that the big stuff is out the way – enjoy your planning!!

Post # 8
10713 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We got engaged the 1st week in February and we’ll be getting married the same day as you =) I feel your pain on the waiting game… but it has been nice not being rushed… =D

Post # 9
135 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married the same day also and I cannot wait. We got engaged may 14, 2011 and I am trying to get as much done this summer as possible. When school starts again I will not have time. So even though there is a year away (I want it to be this june..if only)  I am still feeling rushed trying to get a lot done before September and then it will really be a waiting game for the year. He really wanted it sooner, but I told him I just couldn’t do it.

How far are you ladies in your planning?

Post # 10
59 posts
Worker bee

I am a teacher and got engaged two days before you and we are wedding date twins! My fiance is also a teacher so we knew there was no way we’d be getting married during the school year.

Post # 11
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

This must be a popular date for teachers…my Fiance and I have the same wedding date, and I am a teacher! I wanted to have a few weeks of summer vacation before the wedding to do last minute things. We are having a really long engagement. We got engaged 8-14-10, so it’s been almost a year! It has been nice to have the extra time to plan. I have a feeling that once the school year starts, the time is going to really fly by!

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee

@awpeele: We got engaged on the same day and our wedding date is the same day and I’m a teacher too.  And since I’ve had the summer off all of the major things have been done.  can’t wait!

Post # 13
3120 posts
Sugar bee

Amazing, all of us teachers!!  I’m awpeele, but my name was too searchable, had to change it.

I said yes to the dress yesterday!  SOOO excited.  What do you think?  I’m making it a sweetheart neckline and it works so perfectly with my mother’s veil. 

Post # 14
156 posts
Blushing bee

congrats. i actually got engaged christmas eve last year and am getting on june 23rd as well. i thought that the engagement would be really long but now it’s flying by. i just got my dress this past week and it’s really setting in that i’m getting married. ahhhh!

Post # 15
235 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married 6/23 as well- yay!

Post # 16
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi bees, congrats on your weddings. I’m actually in Australia so we are having a winter wedding. Yeh time is FLYING by super fast. I got engaged a few days before Christmas and have already planned a fair bit so I dont stress out too much when it gets really close.

View original reply
@Mars62312: Your dress is gorgeous and yeh love the veil:)

View original reply
@awpeele: Welcome to wedding bee. I agree everyone is so nice and willing to help.

The topic ‘June 23, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors