(Closed) June 27, 2009

posted 9 years ago in June 2009
Post # 3
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m June 27th too.  Glad to know that there’s someone else with the date…I was thinking about jumping in on the June 20th thread because it seemed like I was the only one. We originally had June 6th, but moved the date so we could have our reception venue.  We have all the big things booked.  I’m just working on the details… Specifics of the menu, the floral design, specific design for the cake, etc.  My Fiance and I are long distance, so some of the things have been done out of order (trying to accomodate having him there for meetings while he came home to visit). We picked out our invitations before we even had our reception…things like that.  I’ve tried to have him there for everything possible, so we kinda met with whoever we could whenever we could.  

Post # 4
122 posts
Blushing bee

YAY June 27th!!!

We picked the date because he’s a teacher and we want to honeymoon right after the wedding.

We’re currently working on the invite/std design.  We had picked out invites that we were firmly committed to, then I caught gocco fever, and we’re now doing our own.  Also, we’re in the midst of planning our honeymoon, which is by far the most fun part of wedding planning FO SHO!

What kind of ceremony/reception are you gals doing?

We’re doing a public park (Nichols Arboretum, Ann Arbor, MI) for the cermony and a friend graciously offered us full use of a private club for the reception.  The club has a look and feel of a National Park lodge or hunt club. 

So here’s hoping for great weather for all of us on that day. 

Cheers!

Post # 5
114 posts
Blushing bee

Our ceremony is at a church.  It was going to be in the church’s garden, but some construction has started near it recently, so that plan got changed.  There are still some beautiful water oaks that we can take pictures near after the ceremony.  Our reception is at a golf resort nearby.  The hall has  some beautiful exposed beams.  

What colors are y’all using?  My Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and most of the decor will be black.  My flowers are hot pink and burnt orange.  Those colors will be incorporated in a couple of different places too. 

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee

whoo hoo! 6/27!!!

Like Miss Monogram, we got engaged on Dec 25th too, but last year. And like Grnmel’s Fiance, I’m a teacher.  We’re getting the savethedates out in the next week, hopefully. Church is set, Reception is set, got my dress before everything else, somehow. working on a finding and affordable photographer, as we originally thought that a friend would be doing it as his gift to us.  Also really stumped for a hair and makeup person, as we just moved to dc from nyc last spring.  all the best!

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

I am June 27th as well!  Bradleybee, I am from the D.C. area as well.  Are you in the NOVA area or DC? My Matron of Honor recommended a guy to me for my hair, he works out of a salon in Tyson’s, Christie Adams.  My wedding planner also just sent me 5 make-up artists names, if you would like I can pass them along.

We just sent our Save the Dates last week!  We have our ceremony site as well as the reception site (there the same place) :).  Our colors are black and hot pink, seems to be pretty popular.  I pray for good weather and great weddings for all of you!

Post # 8
17 posts
Newbee

I’m a June 27 bride, too! We are getting married in Toronto (where I’m from) although we are currently living in Vancouver. We have our ceremony/reception site booked, I bought my dress last week (and it’s hanging in my closet now – got it at a sample sale) and I’ve almost decided on a caterer. Even though it’s not on an island somewhere and most of my friends and family are in Toronto and willing to help out with planning, this whole destination wedding thing is stressing me out.

Post # 9
35 posts
Newbee

Yay for June 27, 2009! We got engaged Dec. 24, 2007 and chose June 27 because it was the last weekend in June so the honeymoon would sort of coincide with the July 4th holiday weekend (one extra day that we didn’t have to take off). I’m also a NYC transplant to the DC area (NOVA really). We’re getting married in the church across the street from where I grew up in northern Jersey and having a Chinese banquet reception in Queens. Besides the church and reception, we’ve booked our rehearsal dinner place, photographer, wedding dress, and band. I’m going to hopefully see/order bridesmaid dresses next week. Have you all got your bridesmaid dresses in order? After reading about the Melissa Sweet dress blog post, I’m a little freaked out. We don’t technically have colors, so it’s up to what my girls like best. We also just finished designing our invitation suite, so we just need to gocco, emboss powder them, assemble, address, and send out. It’s going to be awesome!

Post # 10
35 posts
Newbee

I’ve ordered my bridesmaid dresses! In case you ladies still haven’t and are interested in getting Jim Hjelm dresses, you can get them from netbride.com without the RUSH fee (that is unless you want it before the first week in June; it’s close, but still feasible). Because of the trunk sale price I got the dresses at, I just ordered it from the boutique.

Now I’m working on finding a videographer–that it seems to be a lot of people’s only regrets, I’ve been obsessing. Anyone else here using a videographer? Or know of any videographers that they could recommend?

Post # 11
28 posts
Newbee

Another June 27!

We got engaged last July and we pretty much hit the ground running! everything is pretty much done, all the big things anyway.  Still have to finish my invites, menu cards, programs, things like that.  Oh and picking out bible readings and music selection.

I can’t believe how fast time is just flying by! Oh, By The Way, I’m from Ottawa Canada 🙂

Post # 12
302 posts
Helper bee

Four Months from today ladies!!!! 

When are you planning to order/send invitations? I’m starting to stress since we haven’t ordered them yet.  I want them in the mail 10 weeks in advance since we have so many out of town guests. 

Post # 13
35 posts
Newbee

I’m June 27th too! We have everything decided except a caterer. Save the dates are going out this week. Finally. My Fiance is in the Army, so we picked this date because it is in between training (he’s deploying in August) and we can have the following weekend to add to our mini-moon without needing to take extra leave.

We’re getting married at a historical farm house and having our reception at a city park. We’re having an after-party at the fairgrounds too. 🙂 I’m so glad to finally have all these things figured out!

Post # 14
17 posts
Newbee

I’m hoping to send our invitations out by March 20, or the end of March at the very latest. Since a lot of our guests are coming from out of town and we didn’t send out Save-The-Date Cards (although most people know about the date and location) I’d rather get them out and have RSVPs back by mid-May so that I can plan accordingly. I can’t believe we’re down to less than 4 months already!

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

Wow so many June 27th brides! How exciting! I can’t believe it’s about four months away. I still need to get flowers done and just got beautiful invitations from Hello Lucky! Woo hoo!

Post # 16
19 posts
Newbee

I’m a June 27 bride also!!  We got engaged in Febrary 2008.  I can’t believe how fast the time has gone since then.  I’m starting to panick that I’m not going to get everythign done!  All of the big things are secured, still need to focus on the details – songs, programs, invites, menu cards, etc.  Save the Dates were sent out 3 weeks ago.  Now it’s on to the invites.  I ordered a GOCCO to aid in the process – can’t wait for it to get here so I can start printing them out.  

The topic ‘June 27, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors