(Closed) June 29th, 2013!

posted 9 years ago in June 2013
Post # 17
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I read this post and suddenly felt very lacking…  What are is on your lists to get done in May?

Post # 18
164 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@SpartyOn:  I am meeting with my potential vendors (photo, dj, officiant, and florist).

Post # 19
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey!!

I got engaged 7/31/2011 and am planning for June 29th, 2013! I’m so happy that there is a group on here for me to connect with.

Me and my fiance are currently engineering students and will be graduating May 13. So with all this school, i’m also trying to plan!

First off, bc I am only 21 and trying to do this on my own (my mom is trying but it’s been a while since she got married) I guess I need to know what’s first. When do I need to book my venue?? I’ve been researching but don’t know when is too soon to book.

Also, guest lists….how do you know who to cut and if it’s ok to cut? I have a lot of collge friends then a lot of family friends (both sides) and we know the venues we like will not hold all of them.

If I could get a little insight from ya’ll that would be great!! =]

Happy Weddings!!

Charity

Post # 20
217 posts
Helper bee

@charbear41 I saw this on Pinterst for inviting people. Obviously it’s not scientific, but it helped us a bit in our preliminary guest list!

Post # 21
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have been on here a few times and was wondering where the June 29 brkdes were! I got engaged this past December and we decided in the date like two days later!!  Happy planning everyone! I am doing at least one big thing a month! It really is helping:) and if you are not on pintrest, for sure check it out! I wanted a rustic theme for mine since I am getting married at a beautiful farm”, I’ve found so Mann ideas on there and even great photos that I will share with my photographer! 

Post # 22
438 posts
Helper bee

I am getting married June 29th, 2013 too! πŸ™‚ I picked the date because that time period is my favorite time of year! Everyone is finally all hyped up about summer and all the 4th of July cookouts and get togethers are ready to start! It’s just such a happy time of year πŸ™‚

Post # 23
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yay!  Finally booked a reception site, so its official–I’m a June 29th Bride too!  We’re having 2 weddings—a civil ceremony and reception in the States, and then a religious ceremony and reception in Greece, where my Fiance is from.  Got engaged this past Christmas, bought my dress in mid February, just ordered the pieces to my favors, narrowing down the officiants (for the civil ceremony—have the church and priest booked over in Greece—just need to settle on an official date there), and looking for a photographer.  Oh, and found potential jewelry on etsy.com and shoes!  So much more to do, but we have time!

Post # 24
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

I’m not June 29th, but we’re June 28th!  We chose a Friday because a lot of people are traveling in for the wedding anyway so they’d already have to take off work.  That also gives us Saturday to hang with family before they leave and before we leave for our honeymoon on Sunday.  Plus, Friday is cheaper to get married on πŸ™‚

I feel like I’m ahead of a game and was worried I was moving too quick but it’s good to see that others are even farther ahead than me!  We’ve got our venue, photographer and videographer.  E-pics in two weeks.  Still deciding on wedding colors.

Post # 25
217 posts
Helper bee

400 days to go!!!!!

Post # 26
62 posts
Worker bee

Doesn’t June 29th 2013 seem so far away to you guys? I am getting so impatient already! So happy to read about all your planning and it helps to read what you guys have already planned so I know I’m not too crazy for getting too far ahead of it all… I just bought my wedding shoes yesterday and am going to put in my wedding dress order tomorrow! Some may think I’m crazy for getting stuff so early but I can’t help myself, I’m so excited!!!

13 more months to go Smile

Post # 27
217 posts
Helper bee

@Lemonie I am so excited as well! And think it’s good to be ahead of the game like we are πŸ™‚ I have my location, DJ, photographer, dress and we have a tasting set up with cAteter. Gotta get the good ones before someone else snatches them up πŸ™‚

Post # 28
1513 posts
Bumble bee

i will be an old married woman by the time june 29, 2013 rolls around πŸ˜‰

Post # 29
217 posts
Helper bee

What’s on everyone’s to do lists for this June? We have some appointments set up for the end of the month…taste testing with a potential caterer, looking at what flowers are on season(I want farmers market flowers), and looking at hotels to block off foR guests.

When is everyone sending out save the dates? Since we are the weekend before 4th of July, I was thinking sooner rather than later???

Post # 30
438 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@SpartyOn:  I didn’t even think of that! Honestly I have no idea when to send them out…I was thinking January? But we only have a few Out of Town guests

Post # 31
164 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@SpartyOn:  

1. Start getting in shape and eating right again (I have been letting this one slide…)
  2. Research online premarital counseling (more for fun, than anything else…)
  3. Research bridesmaid dresses and maybe visit a few potential stores.
  4. Start building a running song list for dinner and reception.
  5. Update wedding website.

I actually don’t have a lot on my list for June, partially because I am way ahead and partially because I am working full time this month.

We just secured all of our vendors with deposits and we recently mailed out our STDs. I think the earlier, the better on this one, especially if there are quite a bit of family members who have to fly in.

The topic ‘June 29th, 2013!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors