(Closed) June 6, 2010

posted 9 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am also having a June 6th wedding.  We are doing an early ceremony with a brunch reception.  I love the idea of Sunday brunch, but I am freaking out about how early I will have to get up that day to get ready!  I am a morning person, so I know I will be ok, but not so sure about my bridesmaids. 

Post # 4
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m having my Korean wedding June 5th 2010 and my Canadian wedding Sunday August 15th 2010.  At first I wasn’t too excited about a Sunday wedding (by the time we booked last month, every Saturday in my area from May-October 2010 had been taken), but because of flight and work issues, Sunday was a better option than Friday.  However, now I’m really excited about a Sunday wedding.  We’re planning on having a formal-looking wedding with lots of time to informally mingle with guests so that it is more of a social than a huge dinner-dance.  We’re starting everything a little earlier in the day so people can drive home if they have work the next day.  I was worried about what to do about keeping guests busy without a dance, but when I threw out lawn games (croquet!) to my close friends to get their opinion, they were super excited and enthusiastic.  So, there’s lots of other options and alternatives for Sunday brides.

Post # 5
212 posts
Helper bee

I’m actually a June 5 ,2010, its a day time wedding ..which means that it will be done by 5ish …which at first i didn;t like ..but now that i think about it , it means that me and the mr can relax that night at the hotel …:)

Post # 6
5984 posts
Bee Keeper

Frugal Faye-I love your name..i have a feeling that we have a lot in common ๐Ÿ™‚

my wedding is June 6th!! yay! there are actually other sunday june brides! my ceremony starst at 3pm.

What time does yours start?

We are serving a full dinner…what are you guys doing?

How fun!!!

Post # 8
5984 posts
Bee Keeper

frugal faye-

that sounds fab! everyone eats at weird times on sundays anyway…atleast they do around my area. plus as long as they know a head of time that dinner will be at 2 they will be prepared.I feel kind of weird that we are having ppl eat at 5…but i think that might be ok for a sunday meal.

i am afraid about the dancing thing too but i must have faith ๐Ÿ™‚

what is your agended exit time?

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

I’m a June 6th 2010 bride it was suposed to be the 5th but our venue was taken.

I’m going to have an evening wedding though, the reception will end at 9 or 10.

Post # 10
5984 posts
Bee Keeper

lacyrayanne-welcome to the club. i also see that you are from indiana. me too! you happen to be from around the evansville/newburgh area?

Post # 11
116 posts
Blushing bee

Our ceremony is at 11:30, and the reception will be over by 4.  I was worried about people not dancing too, but my brother had an earlier wedding too, and people still danced. 

How is everyone’s planning going?  I feel like I am so behind!  I haven’t even ordered my bridesmaid dresses yet!  Thankfully, they are picked out, I am just waiting on 2 of my bridesmaids who are out of state to give me their measurements.   

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee

@daniellealys–Thanks! I’m actualy for the Bloomington area. I do go shopping in Evansville with my Future Mother-In-Law though.

Post # 14
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

Hi fellow June 6thers!  We are doing an 11:30 start too – and I’m really looking forward to it.  Since we’re having a traditional Jewish wedding, cocktail hour is at 11:30, ceremony at 12:30 and lunch right after – I’m not worried about dancing, it’s still a wedding!  Plus, then we get the evening to debrief and relax together, and our guests can get home early enough for sleep before work on Monday.  In my opinion – great date choice ladies!  In terms of planning, we’ve been engaged for a while and did basically all the big stuff back in December 08 and January 09 so now I’m just trying to get back into it and take care of all the small things!

@Erin E – where in South Jersey are you?  My fiance is from near AC and we go down to Cape May every summer with his family!

The topic ‘June 6, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors