(Closed) June 8th 2013

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Me! We have: venue (including tentative menu), DJ, photog, videog and we are meeting with a possible officiant next weekend!

Of course, I’ve done all of that but have yet to send in an engagement announcement to the paper! And we’ve been engaged since August!

Post # 5
171 posts
Blushing bee

We have our venue and church booked (the dates go so fast it seems!) and we’ve (well, I’ve) met with a florist and a couple cake places. I’m a total internet creep, so I just creep around all over the place looking for info….I’m going through a phase where I stalk photography websites! Our venue requires that we use their caterer and provides tables/chairs/plates etc, so that cuts down on the meetings! Dont be afraid to start early, especially with big ticket items like the venue and the ceremony location! I’m probably sending out our Save the Dates in May or June….but thats because we have alot of out of town family who need advance warning. 

Happy planning! Time flies, dont worry! I’ve been engaged since October and it feels like it was just last week…

Post # 6
2416 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Congrats!

Post # 7
33 posts
Newbee

This is my date too! And my first post, though I’ve been stalking for quite a while.

We booked the the ceremony/reception venue and put a deposit on a caterer already, but we’re waiting for all of the rest.  We wanted to book the big ticket items early so we could have all of our options open. 

Post # 8
1297 posts
Bumble bee

Yayyy this is our date too! We chose it as a tribute to my FI’s dad who passed away when Fiance was little, it’s the day his mom and dad got married 🙂

I am a freak and have already done so much lol

Post # 9
1544 posts
Bumble bee

ME too!! Well its a tentative date right now until we book the venue but we arent going with the super popular venues because of cost anyway so i hope it wont be an issue but ya never know.We are flexible but i want to keep it about a month from my birthday which is early may so bday celebrations and anniversary are kept separate.

We got engaged Feb. 3rd so its still a bit new to me….

I have 2 venues in mind that i want to go look at but they are both 3 hours away in the opposite direction so we have to find a weekend that nothings going on in order to go…. 

Other then that we are trying to figure out dates for engagement party and getting engagement pictures taken this spring.

And ofcourse surfing the web for ideas. I still need to decide on my bridal party.

Post # 10
26 posts
Newbee

Geez. I have absolutely nothing figured out yet. We’ve been engaged for almost a month, so I don’t feel too bad about it. I started looking at places that I thought would work, and then Fiance announced that he wants to go back into the Marine Corps. So, now we’re likely having a courthouse wedding on June 8th this year. For our one year anniversary we’ll have a “renewal” but treat it like a real wedding. It’s important to our families. Now we have to figure out if we’ll have it where he’ll be stationed or if we’ll have it in our hometown. Right now we’re leaning towards our hometown.

At first I felt so great with the date being over a year away. Then I realize it’ll be a year away in no time. A year just feels so short with something like this. Back when Fiance and I were discussing getting married he told me a year was too long. He imagined an engagement should last “like three-ish months. Six tops.”. :/. Glad I got my way…

Post # 11
1544 posts
Bumble bee

haha i remember saying like when we first met that i didn’t mind having a longer engagement like 2 years… But  that was really just my way of saying you don’t need to wait to ask me. That failed miserably. Oh well. I could do 6 months… but 3? i mean thats like an elopement. lol But now 6 months away is too soon cus we wont have the money.

I’m just praying my date isn’t taken in a few weeks before we can book the venue!

Post # 12
15 posts
Newbee

This is out (tentative) date. We talked to the venue earlier this week, so hopefully it will be official soon.

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

My date is June 7th! Very close to yours. We would have chosen the Saturday but the venue we want only books so far in advanced for Saturdays. So we just decided to play it safe and went with Friday. All we have is the venue and officiant (they have known me since I was about 4 or 5) so no worries. Lots of time yet. 

Good luck planning! 

Post # 14
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Just heard back today that June 8th 2013 will be our date too 🙂 YAY!

Post # 15
17 posts
Newbee

I(we) have this date too! It was the first day the Fiance and I met. Queue cheesy music. Wink

We’ve already chosen a venue for the ceremony and reception and I have to say I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders. Other than that, I’ve looked through magazines, gone to wedding shows and surfed the net for ideas.  Hoping to be as stress free as possible!

Post # 16
23 posts
Newbee

Yay June 8th! Can’t wait! I booked the ceremony and reception spaces this weekend! Can’t wait to plan more!

The topic ‘June 8th 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors