Post # 1
Ahhhh it’s getting so close! I’m at the 2 month mark (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?)
So, what do you uys still need to do?
-Tuxes (groomsmen/dad/groom live all over, so I think we will be going the mens warehouse route, just need to get there to pick something)
-DIY (Table Numbers, Card box, Candy/cookie Table signs, and anything else I figure out to do before then)
-Order Candy for treat table
-Make Cookies for treat table
-Final Appointment with Florist (next weekend!)
-Tasting (next weekend)
-1 bridal shower (having 2)
-Make final music selections (ceremony and reception)
-Make final decision on uplighting color
-Take a nap :)-
Post # 3
Hi, date twin! I have…a LOT left to do :-).
- Finish addressing and wax sealing the invitations.
- Get different postage for our invites.
- Food and cake testing (both scheduled for next weekend)
- Work showers this Thursday (both Fiance and I have one), FI’s family shower in late May/early June
- Hair trial–scheduled for mid June
- Makeup trial–still need to schedule this!
- Make final payments to our vendors.
- Finish bridesmaid gifts.
- Work on favors…I think we’re going the DIY coaster route, as another Bee posted.
- Design the Out of Town boxes, go shopping for things to put in them (don’t need to worry about this for a little while).
- Make a trial run of these cake truffles that I saw on Pinterest, decide if I want to include them in the Out of Town bags.
- Dress fittings–first one scheduled for early May.
- Finish putting stickers on bubbles.
- Pre-cana / NFP classes (they’re scheduled, so that helps).
This is about all I can think of right now! Thankfully, with being a teacher, I will have exactly a month off before the wedding. This was my last “off” weekend until…probably the wedding :-). It’s getting crazy, but it’s still fun!
Post # 4
@keepsmiling19: Oh darn! bridesmaids gift, forgot that on my list! 🙂
You are so lucky to have that month off! I am starting to stress, but luckily my sister and mom are doing a lot of things so I don’t need to worry about them (like oot bags)! Almost there!
Post # 5
Date twin as well! I’m getting close to being done!
1. Finish diy things… Card box, table names, escort cards and seating chart.
2. Make sure the groomsmen have their clothes.
3. Make final payments.
4. Final dress fitting, which may be may 3rd!
5. Bach party? Hopefully.
6. Go get the license.
7. Pack for the honeymoon.
8. Hair and makeup trials.
9. Get the stuff packed to take to the venue.
10. Get the house cleaned and nice again
Post # 6
This post made me feel so much better!
I need to:
-DIY the escort cards
-Decorate the vases for the centerpieces
-Finish writing ceremony & vows
-Finish bridal jewelry
-Hair & makeup trial
-Pick pedicure color
-Write and get programs printed
-Purchase favor boxes for dessert bar
-DIY table numbers
I am doing my own floral arrangements the day prior so I will be doing those the day before!
Post # 7
I have to…
choose a hair style for myself
make final music selections
dress fitting (next weekend)
write my vows
figure out a timeline of events for the day of (6/10!)
seating chart/floor plan for the reception
meet with my wedding coordinator at our reception/ceremony place
meet with the DJ
wrap gifts for bridal party and such
….basically just a bunch of the detail stuff!
Post # 8
@countrygirl62312: I know! However, it’s also been somewhat of a curse…I keep telling myself, “Oh, you don’t need to rush now, you have a month off before the wedding!”. I’m afraid I may be overpacking that month :-).
Plus, there are items I would like to get done now (like getting things for the Out of Town bags), but it’s still a bit too early!
Post # 9
This post makes me kinda relieved… I still have a big list. I will have about a month off with nothing to do but wedding prep though.
–Lots of DIY details
–Deliver vests to groomsmen and possibly alter them to fit
–Pick songs for ceremony
–Meet with DJ to set up special dances, etc.
–Meet with photographer to set up schedule and what pics we need
–Get wedding bands!
Post # 10
Here’s what I’ve got left!
-DIY (Table Numbers, Groomsmen’s gifts, Out of Town bags, escort cards)
-Finalize seating arrangment
-Make cupcakes for dessert table
-Make cakepops for dessert table
-Buy the booze and soda
-Send in marriage application to the island
-Make a packing list for Destination Wedding
-Secure dog boarding
It’s not too bad actually, considering we’re having two receptions 10 days apart. 😀
Post # 11
@artichokey We’re having two receptions too! Glad to see another!
Post # 12
I didn’t include all the things I have to do the day before the wedding (were decorating the venue ourselves) I’m doing my own centerpieces and have to get my nails done somewhere in there too… the day before is an entirely longer list lol.
Post # 13
I have a lot, but I’m oddly calm about it. Sending the invites out was a huge relief!
Here we go:
Finish staining/painting 5 signs
Send my passport renewal app (tomorrow!)
shower may 5th!
finalize bach party plans
meeting w/ officiant
finalize music selections
book honeymoon activities
diy hair attempts!
finish diy fascinator
rent additional ceremony seating
and on, and on…
Post # 14
Had to take a break from the boards…
I’ve got 40 days left. I’ve changed jobs so I have more time on my hands.
Our RSVP date was yesterday, due to our B list of guests, and since we’re having our wedding at a baseball field before a game, they need to be able to release what tickets we don’t use.
So on my list of things to do..
- order bridesmaids makeup
- check up on our “not rsvp’d yet” people
- get the guys clothes, we’re waiting for the ties to come in, to match those. They aren’t wearing fancy formal wear.
- Guest book ideas, I’m boncing between a note jar, or mad-libs. Maybe both? Fiance is a graphic designer so he can make the mad-libs fit into a bound book afterward, would be a cute table topper.
- Do group B invites
- trying to decide if we want to do programs or just a chalkboard that we can write on both sides.
- once my veil comes in, hair and makeup trials
- marriage license
- Wedding songs (just a few since we aren’t having a dancing part)
- Get the day-of buisness card thing done (basically, phone numbers of everyone, map of the location, and schedule)
Can you bee’s think of anything else? If you just spit a few things out, maybe I’ll remember something!
Post # 15
My list seems to be getting longer….if that makes any sense. Of the top of my head, here is what’s left
- Send remaining group A invites – about 20% left
- Get Grooms suit
- Finalize with florist and decorator
- Change cake Order
- Groomsmen suits
- Ring bearer and Flower girl outfits & assesories
- Find someone to Alter my dress
- Get my Jewelry
- Get my Veil
- Go for fitting of reception outfit
- Find cheap facinators for bridesmaids
- Food tasting at reception
- Buy table wine
- Order favors and assemble
- Select readings and readers for ceremony
- Select songs
- Rent DJ equipment
- Meet with DJ and MC
- Write speeches
- Buy Fiancee’s wedding gift
- My makeup and hair trial
- Make apt. for manicure and pedicure
- Ceremony programs
- Sitting charts
- Start calling group A who have not RSVPed so we can send out group B invites
- Figure out car decorations
- Get marriage Licence
- Table numbers
- Finalize menu
- Buy cake topper, guest book…e.t.c
- Decide on wedding day program.
- Book Hotel for us.
Thats all I can think of for now
Post # 16
Fiance needs to buy suit (trip planned by best man for that – in 2 weeks)
My dress needs to freaking arrive (it’s being remade)
We need to finalize the ceremony, which our pastor is preparing this week
I need to figure out sash and jewelry, but need the dress to do that 🙁
Order corsages and bouts, and roses for my bouquet (which I’ll make the day of, along with heirloom flowers that grow in my neighborhood)
Buy materials for Out of Town guest bags
Order favors (for both of those we’re waiting until rsvps shape up a bit more)
Figure out attendant gifts
…probably a lot more that I’m blacking out right now!