Post # 1
Im an August Birdge myself, but I dont have much left to do thats on my list-which feels weird! I feel like I must be missing something, so, what do you have left to do in the weeks leading up to your wedding?
I still need to complete:
– placecard settings (printing images of each guest on MOO and purchase/make holders
– run through the day with each of the wedding party to tell them what to expect/what is thier responsibility
– table numbers & menu holders- know what I want- just need to do it!
– chase for final RSVP’s
– Table plan
– Send confirmation emails with timeline to all suppliers
– make our chuppah!
– finalise our music choices and load iPod and tell Band what to play
– buy some SHOES!
– Print and DIY our programs
Post # 3
I’ve got 5 days and a lot left!
- attach numbers to placecards
- finish rest of dessert buffet labels and pack up containers
- wrap bridal party gifts
- write out FIs card
- print honeymoon addresses and confirmations
- pack for wedding weekend and start to for honeymoon
- reprint our programs (the met a sad end with a cup of coffee yesterday!)
- Try to figure out how to make myself remember I’m the bride… and not the planner on this one
Post # 4
@thewheelsonthebus:Just wanted to wish you all the best for an AMAZING wedding day! Let yourself be the bride 😉 Good luck! All the best x
Post # 5
I am working on our seating chart. Deciding where to sit people was surprisingly painless, but I haven’t decided how I want to do the actual chart or escort cards!
We will be doing a lot of putting things together next week, like stuffing the favors. There are so many things that really just HAVE to wait until the last minute, like assembling the lanterns to hang or ironing the linens. We have no where to store them or they’ll just re-wrinkle.
I still have to order our guestbook, which I will do Wednesday when I get our official e-pics back from the photographer. Also still working on music since we are just going to use our laptop.
We also have to go buy the food at the end of this week. And Future Mother-In-Law and I were talking to finalize the shopping list and I told her which table I put her and Future Father-In-Law at, and she was like “I probably won’t sit anyway!” Grrr. This is why I didn’t want us to do our own food anyway. We have two friends who are going to handle it, but Future Mother-In-Law can’t stay out of it. She is controlling and honestly just wants to help, but she’s supposed to actually like relax and socialize. Ha.
Post # 6
@mrs-v-to-be: Thanks! I’m trying, I swear 🙂 But you know… you coordinate a few hundred weddings and things start to feel comfortable from behind the scenes 😉 This is just WEIRD!
@Amaryllis: I’m worried I won’t sit down much, either!! Maybe you should send me your Future Mother-In-Law. I’ll keep her busy 🙂
Post # 7
@thewheelsonthebus: Omg 5 days! Good luck and hope it is amazing and everything you dreamed it would be!!
Here’s what I’m working on now:
- apply for marriage license with Fiance
- finalize ceremony music
- purchase and put together Out of Town welcome bags, make maps and welcome note
- finalize timeline and send copies to vendors
- make kids’ activity booklets
- finish making the signage for the jars for the cookie bar
- purchase groomsman gifts
- Fi and his mom need to pick their dance song
- Start the RSVP card chase, deadline is June 25, once this is done, I can start on the escort card project!
I know i’m missing other stuff but that’s currently on our plate right now. Meeting with my coordinator tonight for timeline details finalizing.
Post # 8
@thewheelsonthebus:aah yes it must do! Just relax and enjoy the spotlight for the day!! 😉
Post # 9
I feel like the planning never ends!
Here is what is left on my list (eek!!)
- Confirm flowers for bouquets with florist
- Determine another hair style (first hair trial was a little disappointing )
- Design and print Ceremony programs and menus
- Finalize ceremony and reception music
- Finalize itinerary for South African honeymoon!
- Book appointments for Fiance and I to visit travel doctor for any necessary medications
- Make signage for reception areas
- Send out e-rehearsal dinner invites
- Create Wedding Week detailed itinerary (all our guests are from out of town)
- Wrap wedding party gifts and prepare thank you notes
- Prepare speech and write card to new husband!
- Determine parents gifts (we have 8 parents so this is a little tricky!)
- Purchase garter
- Purchase “reception” (comfy) shoes
- 2nd dress fitting
- Finalize RSVPS (they were due June 15th – still missing MANY due to the awful Canada Post strike!)
- Prepare seating arrangement and escort cards
- Create a helper list for people assisting us on the day of (including all of the items that need to be brought to the church and to the reception halll
I am sure I am missing a ton, but the list seems never ending! Thinking of all of you as we tackle our “to-do’s” in the next week, month or two!
Post # 11
Ahh, only 10 more sleeps to go!!!! Here is what I have left to do:
– finish wrapping guest gifts
– wrap bridesmaids gifts
-buy & wrap groomsmen gifts (why do boys leave things to the last minute)
– make seating plan and print out escort cards
– meet with photographer
– email the DJ some song selections
– hair trial before the bachelorette on Friday!
– pick up wedding dress
– write speeches!
– figure out jewellry and fascinator if it doesn’t arrive on time because of Canada Post 🙁
– take a deep breath and drink some wine….. actually my list isn’t that daunting, I’m feeling pretty good!