Post # 1
Yeah I’m going to annoy the pregnancy board community today. I ate most of a piece of bread, and when I looked at it (because, ya know, I didn’t look at it before since I was so hungry) I noticed it is on the verge of turning moldy (kind of grayish with raised moldy bumps). I can’t say it was green, but it was starting to colorize to that. It didn’t taste or smell stale.
I know baby will more than likely be fine (and me as well unless I start vomiting or diarrhea), but I need some reassurance. Also, if anyone is willing to bring me some food now that my breakfast went to shit, and I can’t eat until 1:00, that would be fantastic. I am hangry!!!
Post # 3
Eeek! I think you’ll be fine. I think you probably won’t notice anything, but I imagine at the worst it might be some nausea or maybe diarrhea.
I’ve eaten some pastries that turned very moldy the very next morning and that was enough to make me feel sick to my stomach inside. Yuck!
Can you order some delivery?
Post # 4
I remember a bee on here saying she aye clearly molded blueberries. I think she ended up being ok. Lol.
Post # 5
@megz06: oh yikes! I think you’ll be fine, especially once you eat some good food!! Mom brought us blueberry scones before- she wasn’t wearing her glasses when she bought them and those “blueberries” were actually mold! Barf.
Post # 6
Thanks, ladies. I think I am going to get some fast food since that’s all we have available until I can get home and get some real lunch after my meeting. I was panicking and then I’m like, “Meh, I guess if my son is born with a spore on his face I know why” lol. I shouldn’t joke, but I can’t help it. It’s how I deal with stress I guess.
Post # 7
I think you will probably be ok. I actually just did this on Friday. I opened a new package of bread we had just bought at the store so it didn’t occur to me to check for mold. I ate one piece and then noticed on the second piece there was mold in one corner and sure enough the pieces surrounding the one I had eaten had mold on them too. So far nothing to report as a side effect, baby is still moving around and seems ok.
Post # 8
I think you will be just fine. I did exactly that when I was pregnant and I was ok. I felt a little queasy for a bit just because it grossed me out. But that’s it lol If you are really nervous, give the doctor’s office a call and ask what you should look out for
Post # 9
Uggggh Gross! I am terrified of mold! Haha I’m sure you are both fine just have to say mold creeps me out. If I even see mold though the bread bag I scream and refuse to throw it away (I wait until Darling Husband comes him)!
Seriously, you are ok. My Darling Husband ate mold the other day and was ok 🙂
Post # 10
You are 100% fine, and so is baby! 🙂
Post # 11
If you have a pic of the mold I might be able to ballpark ID it for you. Based on what you described, I’d guess that it was either a Penicillium or an Aspergillus. I highly doubt you ate enough of either of these to harm you or the baby if you didn’t taste it.
Post # 12
Ew! You poor thing. I’m sure you will both be fine though! 🙂
Post # 13
Gross! But I think and hope you will be okay!
Post # 14
- Wedding: September 2008 - A tiny town just outside of Glacier National Park
Ya know, I think most of us eat more mold spores than we realize. They’re often present BEFORE the mold starts to “show,” or on other parts of a piece of moldy whatever that we eat because we cut off the bit that looked bad.
Post # 15
I totally started to eat moldy bread once earlier in my pregnancy (ick).. baby is fine 🙂
Post # 16
@megz06: Aww you poor thing! Totally done that before. You’ll be just fine!