Post # 1
My dad always told me to have my own savings, forever. He always used to say that if I want to buy a house or whatever, that I shouldn’t rely on a man to get me the goods.
(you could also say “my mum/sister/gran etc)
Post # 3
My Dad always told me ” No one ever promised you life would be fair.”
Post # 4
My dad always told me (well, both of us), “Monsters are not real. They won’t hurt you. You’ll have good dreams tonight.”
Post # 5
My dad always says “No matter how dumb someone is, you can always learn something from them!”
Usually when he’s taught us something
Post # 6
@LadyElva: that made me giggle!
Post # 7
My dad’s pearls of wisdom are entertaining but don’t tend to be very “fatherly”.
- Always take a day off drinking each week to make sure you’re nit an alcoholic.
- Snort as much coke as you like but never, ever buy it. (I chose to not do either.)
- If you go broke as a student [female], being a stripper is a good part-time job to pay the bills.
- Big boobs are great; little boobs are great; I don’t care as long as the nipples are nice.
- (After accidentally downing a wineglass full of absinthe.) Absinthe makes the fart go Honda!
Post # 8
I have one for each my mom and my dad
Dad “A house built on borrowed land is never truly yours” he was talking about debt, he doesn’t believe in debt.
Mom “If you don’t want to see it on the front page of the New York Times then never put it on paper” goes for the internet too. It was a great lesson especially in this new age of everything on the internet is forever.
Post # 9
@SpecialSundae: That totally made me snort! Bahahaha
Post # 10
Dad: Always buy the worst house in the best neighborhood that you can afford. 😉