(Closed) Just took two pregnancy tests and they both positive, Wedding date my due date!!

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

First off- CONGRATS! This is exciting!

Second, don’t panic. Contact your venues and whatnot. Talk to them. They may very well be able to work with you.

I unexpectedly became pregnant 7 months before my wedding, and had to re-schedule. All of my vendors were VERY understanding and actually congragulatory. We had the wedding 6 months after my Dirty Delete was born, and it worked very very well.

Good luck!

Post # 4
7651 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@brutalbaby13:  First, congrats! Second, your best bet would be to call the venue and all the others and either move the date up or push it back further. They will most likely not refund you if you cancel.

I would start with that and work on it from there.

Post # 5
1777 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I would move the wedding UP rather than back.  Get married while pregnant, then when you have your baby you will have your little family started and no extra stress for wedding planning.  Also, head to the doctor to make sure you are doing ok.  If you haven’t had a period in 6 weeks, it is more likely that you are due near the 1st of June, but you should have the dates checked.  Good luck with whatever you decide!

(PS- if you are moving the dates and not cancelling the wedding, it is likely that the vendors will work with you if you give plenty of notice.  You might lose parts of the deposit, but probably not all of it)

Post # 6
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Congrats on the baby! Even unplanned, it’s still exciting!

I would start by calling your vendors and explain the situation.  Either try to move the date up a few months, or back.  If the vendors are on board, then send out new Save-The-Date Cards.

Post # 7
3697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@brutalbaby13:  Congratulations!

All it takes is one phonecall to the venue to find out.  Chances are they’ll let you just move the date – I know ours would have.  If you’ve been planning for two years you’d probably appreciate a separate time to plan for a baby and a wedding – that is, postpone it a few months. 

Give it some time and you can always send out “Save a different date but we have big news!” postcards. 

Post # 8
4524 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@brutalbaby13:  That’s a tough one :-/ Rules and restrictions will vary from venue to venue, so you’ll just have to call around on that one and address them on a case-by-case basis.

You may have the option of moving the dates up, moving them back, or even getting married pregnant 🙂 I have seen several lovely brides who were near their due date when they got married, there’s no shame in that!

Try not to panic, and keep us posted!


Post # 9
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Wow, exciting! And also stressful, I get that. Before you worst-case-scenerio-panic about everything, call your vendors and discuss your options. If I were you I’d be open to either moving the date up a couple months, or back – whatever they can work with you on. I would hold off on dress shopping until you get all that figured out, so that you know if you need a dress that works with a belly or not.

Congrats! 🙂 Deep breaths, it will all work out.


Post # 11
342 posts
Helper bee

I wouldn’t postpone. I’d do the wedding first. Once the baby comes, the last thing you’ll want to do is plan a wedding or a honeymoon!

Post # 12
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@itsmle:  I dunno. Maybe it was different because I had a year of mat-leave, but it was a blessing to have that extra time to plan a wedding. The first 3-4 months was blissful (despite the lack of sleep).

I guess it depends on how your baby is, how big the wedding is, etc.

If the venue’s allow though, maybe planning to have the wedding earlier would be better for you? Then it is all done and you can focus on baby 🙂

Post # 13
2453 posts
Buzzing bee

@brutalbaby13:  aw yes not an ideal situation, but an exciting one nonetheless.

Def. start calling (highest deposits first) and see what you options are. If you can postpone without giving a date right now, cool! Otherwise you will need to figire out if you want to move it up or push it back – just take a deep breath and wait til you talk to Fiance. You can make the calls next week.


The topic ‘Just took two pregnancy tests and they both positive, Wedding date my due date!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors