(Closed) Just venting & giving advise

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
  • poll: Should I be mad at my sister ?
    BE EXTREMELY PISSED (PTFO)! That was messed up!! No excuses could make up for this!! : (2 votes)
    25 %
    BE PISSED TFO! She could have gotten someone else to help you on YOUR day! : (0 votes)
    BE PISSED TFO! But because it's your sister just brush it off! : (1 votes)
    13 %
    Be mad because she did nothing to help you on your day but not PISSED TFO! : (0 votes)
    Yes be mad but understand that she also has a life outside of your wedding to : (3 votes)
    38 %
    No, come on... She's your big sister! : (0 votes)
    No, she has 4 kids! You should not have made her your maid of honor anyway! : (1 votes)
    13 %
    No, she came over at 6:45am the day of the wedding (nothing was accomplished but she came)! : (1 votes)
    13 %
    No, you should've known better than to trust your sister with so much important stuff! : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I am so sorry that happened to you! The part about your sister abandoning you is the worst. I wonder what she was doing that was more important to her than your wedding day? Some people just have no sense of family loyalty.

This is a scary post and I will definitely be sure to have some backup plans ready!

Post # 4
    461 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Love your advice at the bottom!  Also, I think you are in the same boat as a lot of brides…too afraid you’ll be called a “bridezilla” to be assertive with what you want.  It’s tough.  The only advice I can give you is to not worry now about what OTHER people did or did not do, just be concerned with what you do and don’t do…  Being angry now (though you’re justified) doesn’t help you much, unfortunately.  You are an amazing person to have realized that your day was also about other people, and hopefully when something else like this comes up next time you’ll be able to find a better balance..  And know now that you can probably trust your husband’s sister! 🙂

Sorry your day did not go as planned…you shouldn’t have to have that many backups, people should just do their jobs (if hired) and come through for you (family)!!  I’m so sorry your sister wasn’t there for you, but congrats on being married now! 

The topic ‘Just venting & giving advise’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors