- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
alright bees, i have been to every bridal shop in fort wayne!! and i wanted to share my experiences! good bad and indifferent. i hope this helps someone with dress shopping 🙂 (i just saw a blog like this and i think theyre very informative)
The Bride to Be – this was the first place i went. i set an appointment (bc you have to)
– i was the only bride in the shop
– kate (i believe shes one of the owners) pulled some dresses she thought id like and let me pull some myself too! she also helped me into every dress!
– most of the samples were 8, 10, 12, and some 14. i wear a size 16/18 so this was a bit discouraging, however the shop is getting the dress that i loved in a size 18 for me to try on!! so i am so excited about that! great customer service!
overall i had a great experience here and i am hoping to get my dress (if i love the sample as much as i think i will!)
The Wedding Place– i walked in and walked back out five minutes later to be honest
-the dress selection was so small (maybe 25 dresses tops) and outdated!
-the consultant basically was like ‘help yourself’
i was not impressed! what a waste of my time! i didnt even try on any dresses 🙁
The Perfect Dress– the lady who helped me was nice! but overall i was frustrated by the appt
– the selection of sample sizes were so small that i could only get on three dresses and they were so tight! and i had to get myself into these dresses with no help from the consultant
– the shop was very nice!
– she kept telling me to use my imagination and said things like ‘well if we had this in your size this would be great on you’ (im sorry but as a plus size girl that is so offputting…
i left almost in tears bc i was so frustrated. it wasnt a very good experience.
wendys bridal- it was okay
-there was a large selection of gowns in many sizes, but most of the plus size samples were not the (fit and flare) look i wanted.
– the consultant was nice enough, but did not help me into any dresses and only pulled one which was not at all like i described to her
it was a good experience, i guess i just expected more.
Toumas bridal- too bedazelled
– i walked in and it took someone 10 minutes to even say hello (even though there was 2 people just standing around
– i told the consultant i wanted something simple with little to no beading and a fit and flare – she pulled a beaded and laced gown that was an a line? okay…
– i tried on 3 dresses i pulled and the one the consultant pulled and all were too small to even see what they looked like. i tried them on myself… again no help.
i was annoyed to say the least. not a good appointment and they acted like they didnt even want my business
* let me just say that i did not visit davids bridal because my mom had a horrible experience with them when she got married. i thought id spare myself 🙂
Now- i have also visited gretas bridal in South bend and Pamelas plus size bridal in rochester.
gretas– oh my gosh so many dresses! great customer service!!!
-i was assigned 2 consultants! pat and carrie and they were sooooo wonderful!!! they helped me in and out of every dress! i must have tried on over 25!
– they had samples in so many sizes!
– pat and carrie made me feel like i was so important and i just cant say enough about the wonderful customer service i recieved.
even though i did not purchase a dress they invited me back to try on more dresses and were so welcoming. i will def be going back if i dont find something!
Pamelas– a good experience, but not enough selection!
– pamela was nice and so was my consultant. they helped me in and out of every dress
– they only had samples in size 14 and up which was nice for a change! and every dress was in a catalog so you could just pick them out that way!
– they had about 3 fit and flare dresses for me to try. not a very good selection at all.
the experience was good, i just wish they would have had more of the style i wanted to try on!
…. and i still dont have a dress!! ahhhh! i hope this helps someone! i know its so hard to know what each shop will be like and where to go so here ya go fort wayne ladies!