- 10 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
Let’s see my biggest pet peeves with weddings.
1. Mirror tiles, I hate those things.
2. Too tall centerpieces, I find them really distracting and some people have to look around them to see who is sitting across from them.
3.BALLOONS, I dislike balloons at weddings, especially if the bride and groom are “trying” to be super fussy, it just doesnt work.
4.Receiving lines – eek
5. Too long a gap between the ceremony and reception especially if the ceremony started late.
6.One buffet line for 300 people, come on man your sitting there for like an hour before its your turn to get food then another half an hour in the line.
8.Children running around and srceaming and colliding with you when they are playing.
9. I dont mind cash bars, just let me know before hand so that I can bring my wallet.
10. Plastic utensils and cups for a FORMAL, ELEGANTLY DRESSED WEDDING- EEK
11. Unassigned seating or assigned seating and No usher or seating chart.
12. An outdoor wedding in the summer and being mauled by mosquitoes and sandflies and bugs flying eveywhere.
13. Elevated headtables-yuck
14. Bridal parties with at least 25 people, I think that is way too many people in a bridal party, takes forever for the bride to walk down the aisle.
15. AND MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE, when differnt family members each cook a dish and bring and put them on the buffet. I was food poisoned like that at a wedding actually everyone was. So I always find out who is doing the food before I RSVP.