(Closed) Justice of the Peace Questions!

posted 9 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
61 posts
Worker bee

@Caila:  You should apply for your license BEFORE 3 days before June 21, just to be sure that you have it in time for June 21. Marriage laws depend on the state, but it looks like for PA you can apply for the marriage license between 3 and 60 days before the ceremony. 

Post # 5
7225 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Yes, many Justice of the Peace will go to wherever you want. There may or may not be a fee for this. My husband and I were Justice of the Peace married in our home next to our christmas tree. All you need to do is call up and ask to schedule something wherever you want to get married.

You’ll want to get your license before you get married. Here in Oklahoma, we applied 5 days before, we had something like 30 days to get married and then we had to resubmit it to the courthouse for recording no more than 3 days after it happened.

We also had a really nice JoP wedding, our JoP was awesome and made me vow to let things go and made my husband vow to protect me in a zombie apocalypse. Pretty sweet. Congrats!

The topic ‘Justice of the Peace Questions!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors