(Closed) Justin Alexander 8483 or 8465?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Don’t cut your dress!  🙂  There are replica dresses available in the short version of this dress.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Tea-length-bridal-wedding-dresses-formal-party-gown-/280562291232?pt=Wedding_Dresses&hash=item4152d0d220

I don’t know anything about this (or any) of the companies remaking this dress, but the one above is $129, which includes the shipping.  Then, you can have both styles!

Oh, and you could easily resell the short dress (or both) after the wedding if your budget allows for one…

Post # 5
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

PLEASE do not cut it yourself!!  The long version is so gorgeous.  Just keep it like that!

Post # 6
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Honestly, keep it the way it is!  It is gorgeous…

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have the same dress.  I was last minute shopping and they only had the long version.  I felt bad doing it, but took it to a seamstress who hacked it off and finished the edges of each piece of tuille and it looks amazing.  Whatever you do…do not cut it yourself!!  Get a very good seamstress!  It is very hard to get all the layers even otherwise.

Post # 8
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

it would be very difficult to make this dress a convertable dress due to the fact that it has multiple layers. 

Post # 9
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

you could possibly make the long version into a “bubble” hem shorter dress.  it would add more bulk to the skirt near the waist, but you could sew eye tape into the inside of the inner lining of the skirt then add a hook tape to the indies of the bottom of the first couple of layers on the long version (you can camoflouge this with lace at the bottom on the outside) and thenflip the bottom indie towards the lining and attach the hooks to the eyes?  It may pull down the dress where the eyes are sewn in so it may looka a bit more puckery but it would definately be different.

Post # 10
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@nredfearn:

I am having this dress made in China for £88   ($140)   i know its a replica and wont be as detailed as the real thing,  but its very very close….and just in case the applique’  is not quite right, i have bought loads of that, and crystals and pearls  to add to it.  and its still a really good price even after that. 

Post # 11
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My dress is now in transit and on its way to me,  but they sent me pictures.  as suspected the applique’ is not enough, so i bought more,  and have sewn crystals and pearls on them,  and will add them to the bodice when it arrives. i also had a bolero and a bag made to match…..total cost……£102…..extra applique’s and crystals  £20

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@anne B:  Oh my goodness, where did you find the appliques? I’ve been looking for something similar to re-create the JA 8483 but w/ a different fit (a-line, not ballgown). I would really appreciate anyone’s help in finding the appliques.

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

how did the one from china work out? I’m dying to see photos!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

Just to let you know I’ve just put my Justin Alexander 8465 style dress on ebay with international postage available. UK size 14/ USA size 12

Post # 15
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I found a justin alexander 8483 replica, made by Anya Bridals in GA.

It’s called “Flora.”

The topic ‘Justin Alexander 8483 or 8465?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors