(Closed) Justin Alexander 8659 – pointy cups?!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

Normally this has to to with the boning in the boob area, not the cups. Does the shop have seamstresses there or would you have to take it somewhere else? I they have one there, I would ask to have the seamstress take a look and give her opinion before you purchased the dress. I would think a seamstress would be able to remove the boning from the inside without having to do anything with the seams.

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi,

I’ve ordered this dress for my wedding!

The sample I tried absolutely did not have pointy cups!! It is a stunning dress.

If you love it, would definitely be worth a drive to find another sample.

Hope this helps!

Post # 5
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@missl2103:  can anyone post pics wearing either dress?  Have not found a real bride wearing the dress and it was looks different in the model! It’s so gorgeous in the model pic .  Thank you!

Post # 6
2055 posts
Buzzing bee

This gown is simple, sleek, and so gorgeous. 

I found this preowned listing. The third photo down is her in sample gown…no pointy cups, there! The  bust just has normal, rounded cups (although too big).

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

I don’t have a pic of me in the dress yet I’m afraid – mine hasn’t arrived yet.

But since your first post I have tried it on again and I have to be honest, there is something with the boobs. I hadn’t noticed before but I can see what you mean now. They’re not pointy exactly but they don’t lie flat. The shop have assured me that the seamstress can make alterations but have said it may not lie totally flat.

However, this has absolutely not put me off the dress. I still love love love it. I’ve ordered it in white which I think will be beautiful. (Tried alabaster.) What you need to remember is that samples do get a bit battered so any issues with them, no matter how small will become more obvious. When mine arrives and it actually fits I’ll be able to see properly then if it needs any work. It’s not due until July though.

I don’t know if you’ll remember the dress that Kate Middleton wore for the evening of her wedding? That was a satin gown and it did have pointy cups. It was still an amazing dress and she looked beautiful. If pointy cups are good enough for Kate then they’re good enough for me!

Good luck! 

Post # 7
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Powel Crosley Estate, Sarasota, FL

Happiestbridetobe:  I know this is an older post, but thought I would send my pictures your way anyways incase you were still considering it. I’m 99% sure this will end up being my dress!

The topic ‘Justin Alexander 8659 – pointy cups?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors