Karena Royale : (49 votes)
    77 %
    SWG400 : (15 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 3
    3788 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Could you try the Karena? It’s the same material and sash as Karena Royale, though it has a halter which could be folded over and made into a sweetheart without cutting a new shape. It might be more fit/flare than Karena Royale, but I don’t think it’s unlike the DB one.

I prefer the Karena because the material is nicer, and I like it even with that neckline just as it is! My friend got married in that dress. It’s so beautiful in person.

Post # 4
    242 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I like the first one better.  I’m like you, I really liked the sweetheart neckline but the dress I loved didn’t have one and I’m worried about it turning out wrong if I try to have it made.  I bought the dress, though, and gave up on the sweetheart neckline.

Post # 5
    1763 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I tried on the Karena Royale and it is so pretty. I would go with it. Neck line alterations shoudn’t be that much. I chose a very similar dress and to put a little scoop in, it was less than $50.

Post # 6
    105 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I like the 2nd one better on you. I think it’s more flattering! 🙂 

Post # 7
    1046 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I wore the Karena (not the Royale) and loved the neckline on it. I particularly like halters but I think even if you wanted it strapless it would be easier to alter. Pictures of my dress without me in it look strapless and v-neck:

Post # 8
    Hostess
    23599 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

The Karena Royale is leaps and bounds above the Galina dress, IMO!  But I would be on board for you trying the Karena, it seems to be what you’re looking for!  You’re doing great, totally on the right track!

Post # 9
    62 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2012 - Now Jade Riviera, Puerto Morelos Mexico

well… i like the first one better, but i would be worried about an alterations lady cutting into it too. have you tried on all the lace dresses with sweetheart necklines at davids? 

and…if you love the corset back, they can add that to almost any dress at davids. (i work there). but i’m not sure how much extra that would be and i don’t know if it would end up being more expensive than the karena royal.

did you try on the oleg cassini CRL277? check it out…it looks like a similar silhouette, but it’s not ALL lace….

Post # 10
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I like the first dress better and the neckline on the second just like you. What about the first poster’s idea of getting the halter model that could more easily be turned into a strapless sweetheart?

Post # 11
    528 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Love the first one. It’s so beautiful. Think it’s be great with a sweetheart neckline, as long as you have it done by a professional it’ll be great!

Post # 12
    4653 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I say #1 and do the alteration or do the one with straps and get the straps taken off!

Post # 13
    1679 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

When you buy a thousand dollar dress, you have it altered to fit you.  Period. How often do people post horror stories about alterations?  It happens, but it’s not common.  Your seamstress will do just fine with changing the neckline…and you won’t have to watch. 🙂

Going back and forth between the two, the DB dress fabric looks cheaper. If that DB dress is around the same cost as the Karena, DB is more of a racket that I ever imagined they were. 

The topic ‘Karena Royale vs Galina SWG400’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors