(Closed) Keeping the peace between bridesmaid & bride

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think the bride is massively overreacting. Yes, perhaps ditching the shower for her boyfriend’s birthday wasn’t the smartest choice, but maybe driving in from another state for a two hour shower just didn’t make sense to her. I don’t think that warrants the bride’s reaction at all.

I would gently suggest to the bride that perhaps the stress of her impending wedding is making her a little oversensitive and does she really want to destroy a childhood friendship over this?

For what it’s worth, I think the Bride’s text regarding the wedding of the aunt was way out of line. I hope she apologized for that.

Post # 4
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

If I were you I would stay as far out of this as possible. I don’t think that you should talk to the bride. If you do anything you should suggest they talk to eachother. I don’t think that trying to talk to either of them would be very fruitful and may cause you a lot of problems.

Post # 6
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I don’t have any advice, because I’m not sure if it would be better to stay out of it or talk to the bride. Either way, the bride is majorly overreacting! I have three bridesmaids, and only one came to my bridal shower and dress fitting. Sometimes you just have to understand that not everyone will be as excited about your wedding as you.

The topic ‘Keeping the peace between bridesmaid & bride’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors