Post # 1
hi bees! We are having a casual/preppy wedding on a golf course. Originally, we were going to have groom/groomsmen wear navy blazers and khaki pants. but my fiance saw a picture of a wedding party in khaki suits and changed his mind that he wanted those! well…we are having a hard time finding them! It seems like his groomsmen will have to buy their suits since they cannot be rented (or can they?) any ideas where/when to buy or find khaki colored suits? heres our inspiration:
Post # 3
We are also putting the men in “khaki” tuxes. The guys went to our local tuxedo shop & rented the new Allure tuxedo in “tan” but they look like a dark khaki. No bow tie, just vest & tie. Maybe that helps?
Post # 4
@Courtkev: I’m planning to do this for our guys and with the research I have done- Men’s Wearhouse does not rent suits/tux’s in this color, but JoS A Bank does have one khaki color (may be more of a stone color).
Keep us posted, as I am interested in this!
Post # 5
@Courtkev: Quite a few bees have used http://www.studiosuits.com so you will be able to check reviews here on WeddingBee.
Your men can own a suit for about the same cost of renting.
Post # 6
@Courtkev: banana republic! FH got a khaki suit from BR last spring for my sis’ graduation.
Wish I had a picture of the suit on my iPhone but I don’t. It’s gorgeous quality. They’re starting to get their spring/summer line in- check em out.
Post # 7
We used Men’s Warehouse for our wedding and they were extremely helpful and reasonably priced for tuxedo rental. Whether or not they have Khaki suits I’m not sure of. I do have some other Khaki-related tips for you though:
– Go linen if you can. This is will make them all far more comfortable and will fit better with a golf course in the summer
– If you do go linen, make sure they know to steam everything the morning of to settle out any wrinkles
– Regardless of fabric style, consider going with suspenders – any guy can pull them off with khaki suits and they’re both unique and a bit more formal. Something like these from brooks brothers would be perfect. If you go the suspenders route, make sure they aren’t wearing belts also
– No black shoes! Brown / tan is the way to go
– Keep the shirt a light, traditional color (white or light blue). Khaki isn’t a deep enough color to balance out anything else
– Ties/bowties and pocket squares are the places to tactfully add more style/flair and match the bridesmaides
– Whatever you choose – congratulations!
Post # 8
We bought all the GMs suits, Darling Husband and FIL’s suits from makeyourownjeans.com. Another Bee recommended it to me. For the same cost of a rental the guys got suits of their own to keep. It was around $150 per guy. We ordered a gorgeous charcoal but they do offer different shades of khaki. But get moving as the process takes about 2 months!!
By The Way the quality was a lot higher than we thought it would be. Very impressed with their craftsmanship. They were perfect. Make sure to tell the guys to include any measurements that they normally would have problems with when buying clothes. i.e. one of our Groomsmen has big thighs that normal pants don’t fit. He included this measurement so they could accomodate his legs. GL!