(Closed) Kitten bachelorette party? (…Can you rent kittens??)

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Good idea?
    Yes : (5 votes)
    8 %
    No, its too complicated : (32 votes)
    53 %
    No, if shes asking for dancing and strippers before this wont be "wild" enough : (21 votes)
    35 %
    Maybe, I have an idea to make it better (explain) : (2 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 16
    3679 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

It sounds like you need to talk to the bride. If you truly can get kicked out of school for having a drink or going dancing, you should be able to discuss that with her and come up with another plan. If she asked for booze and strippers and got kittens and PJs, I’d imagine she would be pretty confused. 

Post # 17
    560 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  Sorry your friend asked for strippers and clubing. I am sure she must be old enough to understand what what stripper and clubing is. I really would be disappoiunted if I asked for strippers and a night club and you took me to play with kittens. 

Btw: Pole dancing is a ladies excercise class, my cousin had this at her bachlorette party and even the 60 year old mothers had fun with the pole dance. 

Remember a night can be as wild or tame as you want it to be and her mother and mother inlaw may also tag along for the night.

Post # 18
    1839 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

There are some places called “cat cafes” where they have a bunch of cats everywhere for people to interact with.  Any chance you are near one of those?  Otherwise, I can’t see how this would work.  You could try contacting an animal shelter and seeing if they would host your event and let you pet kittens, but I doubt they would.  Plus, a bachelorette at an animal shelter sounds weird anyway.  You might find some sketchy person on Craigslist who would lend you a litter of kittens, but I personally would not want to interact with a person who would be willing to let a stranger borrow their kittens.  I think you are better of thinking of a new plan.  Maybe go to one of those guided painting class places and have them teach you how to paint cats?  We have “painting with a twist” near me, and they let you bring wine/beverages and snacks.  Hope you find something that works out for you!

Post # 19
    261 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

What does your lifestyle agreement say? Because it sounds like she wants something a lot more wild than kittens. Thats like… The opposite of wild.

Post # 20
    834 posts
    Busy bee

Using kittens/cats for selfish pleasure and the sending them away is incredibly cruel. If your friend actually cares for animals, she won’t like this AT ALL. Sorry Bee, I think your heart is in the right place, but you asked for our opinion and that’s what you’ve got. Please don’t do this.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  WillowBee33.
    Post # 21
    166 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2016

Ther is a cat cafe in NY and a few around the country if you happens to live at one of these areas. I am a cat lady myself so a afternoon tea at a place like this would be perfect. Then you girls can get dolled up and head for a good dinner and clubbing afterwards

Post # 22
    14492 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  whatever you decide to do, don’t do anything that would get you kicked out of school. A college friend that suddenly wants to explore her wild streak isn’t worth risking your education. In this day and age of social media, the school will find out. 

Personally, I nix the kittens and go for a spa day or something like that. Maybe you could even hire an amateur photographer from the University to get some great shots of you guys at the spa. Something like that might bring out the romantic bride side in her to counteract the wild bachelorette side. 

Post # 23
    124 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

They are giving you very fair ideas, not to mention a crap load closer to what the BRIDE has actually asked for, for her last night before getting married. My advice? Follow her ideas as she is the one getting married, or let someone else who feels more comfortable with what she’s given ideas about as far as what she wants or do something similar. 

Sorry, but if I told my maid of honor a few ideas of what I love and would really enjoy and she brought me to a shelter or a petting zoo, I would be pissed and very VERY disappointed. I can do that whenever I want too, why would I want a day at the shelter or chasing cats around that want nothing to do with the personal invasion of strangers, especially ones who don’t plan to stay or take me home. This is sad.

I am sure this was no help as you are completely disregarding others helpful and similar ideas to what SHE wants. But the kittens/cats, really? You could always let someone else plan it, maybe someone who will PUT her in a cat suit and make a sweaty dancing stripper pull her around on a leash and spank her and tell HER she’s a bad kitty. Seriously.

Or go simple and do a spa day. No one ever got fired because they got a massage.

Post # 24
    124 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

Ideas*

Post # 25
    2453 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

What are the full details of the agreement you signed?

If you’re uncomfortable with clubbing, tell the bride you cannot plan her party. You can offer an alternate.

But don’t do this cat thing. 

Post # 26
    588 posts
    Busy bee

I have friends who have signed agreements for schools exactly like that. I really highly doubt that a fully clothed exercise class (because that’s what a poledancing class is, there are legit establishments where you pay and its like zumba) counts. Don’t post pictures of that portion if your still really worried about it. Maybe see if your local aquarium or zoo has a”meet and greet” with some pengiuns or something.  Like PPs have said, the kitten thing will most likely not work and if it were, your best bet would be to call a local humane society and ask about that (maybe offer to donate a good chunk of money, but theres still a large chance that they will not go for it because it could be extremely upsetting to the cats). Pottery painting might be a cool idea as well if she’s crafty.

Post # 27
    209 posts
    Helper bee

Ok, so just for the record- the local shelter where I volunteer as a foster does regular promotions where it ubers kittens to people’s offices. You can request kittens to show up at your office and a lot of kittens get adopted that way. I don’t know that a shelter would do this just for a party, but you could at least ask. I don’t think you’d need to volunteer per say, they might do it anyway if a lot of people will be there who might be willing to adopt them.

One word of warning: Kittens in theory are amazing, kittens in reality are, like any baby animals, kind of a handful and sometimes really smelly. We cared for 3 kittens and a mom, and even though the mom cleaned them and helped us out, the 3 kitttens were constantly covered in their own poop. They tracked it out of the litter box and didn’t always use the litter box either. 

Another option is a sex toy party, but I also don’t know if that would be something you’d be comfortable with. My sorority used to do them where someone comes and shows you different stuff and then anyone who wants can privately consult with her and buy stuff. It would still be an all-girl night in, but that way it would be a little naughty too. Consultants come for free, and whoever hosts gets a discount based on how much other people buy. Usually they sell everything from vibrators to lube to massage oil. It’s usually really fun!

Post # 28
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

This is not such a crazy idea. Have you ever heard of Uber Kittens? One day a year, instead of ordering an Uber, you can order an Uber full of kittens to your home or office. They do this in big cities, and the cats are from local animal shelters and can be adopted. So yes – bringing cats to you is not such a far fetched idea. That being said, it may be more difficult for one person to do this. I would talk to a local animal shelter or rescue organization. 

Post # 29
    9123 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Do you live in a city? These hilariously awesome “cat cafes” have been popping up….basically a coffee shop with a whole bunch of cats that you can play with. I know there is one in Denver, several in SFan Francisco etc. As a fellow crazy cat lady, I can sure you she would love that!!

Otherwise, yeah volunteering at a shelter would be great although as far as I know, most require you to sign up and have a training session in advance. 

Post # 30
    184 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

I would be so disappointed if my Maid/Matron of Honor disregarded my input for a wild and fun night out and decided that we would pet kittens for my bachelorette party! 

She’s envisioning something outside of her NORMAL activities. If drinking and strippers will get you kicked out of school then you NEED to think of something else!

I think your heart is in the right place but honestly it’s a stupid bachelorette party idea. Not to mention what others said about kittens not being props. You “could” make one stop of your night out at a pet store that has kittehs…

The topic ‘Kitten bachelorette party? (…Can you rent kittens??)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors