(Closed) Kitty ate a plant and is now at the vet. :(

posted 7 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
Member
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I will keep him in my prayers tonight, hope that it all keeps going on the best case scenerio.

Post # 5
Member
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

He is sooo cute…I hope he makes a speedy recovery!!! Years ago when I lived with my sister she accidently bought flee medicine for dogs and put it on all 4 of our cats…they all started to seizure and foam from the mouth…we had to rush them all to the emergency vet at 2 am.  IT WAS HORRIBLE.  Thankfully they all made it but it took a few days to get out of their system. 

Post # 6
Member
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

Oh no, I hope he’s all better and home soon! We lock all of our plants away in our computers room and the cats are never in there unsupervised because we’re afraid they’ll eat the plants. I’m glad to hear he’s been doing well with the vet.

Post # 7
Member
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My Odie did the same thing when he was just a little kitten, and we thought for a while that he wouldn’t make it. Luckilly he pulled through. He was a little out of it for a couple weeks, but he bounced back, and now he is a big old happy cat. I will send good thought to your kitty and pray for his quick recovery.

Post # 8
Member
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Aww, I hope he’s okay and makes a full recovery.

My dog got into some grapes yesterday and we had to take her to animal hospital.  They induced vomiting, too, but couldn’t find any whole grapes.  Dr thinks that my dog didn’t eat any.  (Phew!)  Since she’s come back from the hospital, she hasn’t thrown up yet.  That’s a good sign.

Well, hope your cat is okay.

Post # 9
Member
1962 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I hope your cat recovers quickly and goes home to you soon! Good thing your Darling Husband was able to find out about the plant’s toxicity before digestion really kicked in. I will keep your kitty in my prayers.

Post # 10
Member
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Ah that’s scary to think the plant is that toxic to humans and animals! I’m keeping him in my prayers, although I too am sure he’ll be just fine πŸ™‚ He’s adorable!

 

Post # 11
Member
11394 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Prayers are being sent your way–Keep us updated please! We all hope for a return home soon for your little fur baby!

Post # 12
Member
968 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m glad your kitty is holding up well! I’m sure he’ll be fine, since you were able to catch it so soon and take him to the vet. He’s a pretty ginger, too. πŸ™‚

Do you have a photo of the offending plant, also?

Post # 13
Member
4371 posts
Honey bee

I had no idea about sago cycad toxicity! I hope your Ginger will have a speedy recovery. Thank goodness you looked it up. I’m always freaking out about what plants come into my house. I’ve banned all lilies and alstromerias and such from making an appearance anywhere on our property. I agree there should be stickers on those plants that tell you it can kill your animals! 

Post # 14
Member
1686 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Oh no. This is my biggest fear with our cats. Hopefully he didn’t actually swallow it, just chewed the leaves. Poor kitty.

Post # 15
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Thinking of you and Sir Kitty – Oscar eats EVERYTHING so we are a plant free household just in case.  πŸ™

Post # 16
Member
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Praying for you and your cute kitty!

The topic ‘Kitty ate a plant and is now at the vet. :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors