(Closed) Korean & Japanese traditions…?

posted 7 years ago in East Asian
Post # 3
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Fiance and I are both full Korean. We also want to give a nod to our heritage without creating an Asian themed wedding. Ideas we had were having Korean bride and groom dolls as our cake topper or just changing into hanboks at the end of the night without actually doing a full paebaek. Another wedding I went to gave out chopsticks as wedding favors.

Post # 4
84 posts
Worker bee

I came across a cute Etsy seller and thought I’d share. She does custom cake toppers. She does both korean and non-korean ones. The second pic is a Korean groom with a Chinese bride. It looks like she’s done an Indian bride too. She could probably do a Korean bride and Japanese/Caucasian groom. The store is etsy.com/shop/annacrafts 

And here are some magnets from a different seller. It’s from yaishop:

Post # 6
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

Instead of a champagne toast, perhaps you could incorporate the Japanese tradition of san-san-ku-do, which is a short sake-drinking ceremony for the bride and groom and their families.  You could then give sake to all the guests.  It’s a pretty awesome thing.  I saw it done at a wedding recently between a Japanese guy and an Australian lady.  It was really awesome.

Post # 7
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Fiance and I are both half Korean and we’re also thinking about getting the cake topper for etsy! It’s really cute! Our flower girl will also wear hanbok instead of white dress and we’ll most definitely change into hanbok during reception 😀

Post # 8
2703 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am full Korean and Darling Husband is caucasian. We had ‘dduk’ with our chocolate fountain dessert display/wedding cake. We also changed into hanboks when we greeted our guests at the reception.

Post # 9
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am half-Korean and had the Korean rice cakes (dduk) as one of the treats on our Out of Town welcome bags.

Post # 10
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m Korean and my husband is Japanese. We had cherry blossoms on our cake and I changed into my hanbok towards the end of the reception. 

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have the same config. Me: full Korean and Hubby to be is half Japanese/Irish. We’d like to do the same so I’m grateful for this post. We decided on the paper crane thing too and may do the Hanbok for the flower girls, but any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks again for posting. The cherry blossom thing is a bit overdone, but might still have some in the floral arrangements.

Post # 12
64 posts
Worker bee
Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i’m half japanese and he’s caucasian.  we had friends and family make 1000 origami cranes to use as a backdrop and for centerpieces handing on bamboo branches.  i’m wearing a kimono, and will change after dinner, and before dancing.  he is wearing a suit with fabric origami crane as boutenierre.  we will serve teriyaki and sushi, have a sake toast. everyone except my family will be caucasian. i have asked  guests to wear an asian accessory or outfit………… hoping for some creativity!  two of my wedding planners (friends) are korean and philipino.  the rehearsal dinner will be pancit, lumpia, rice, beef bulgogi.

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m full Korean and he is half Caucasian and Japanese also! Being that both of us are very americanized we didn’t imcoorporate our heritage instead we are doing a Hawaiian themed wedding since that is the first real vacation we took together and we love to travel.  Good luck on your wedding!

The topic ‘Korean & Japanese traditions…?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors