(Closed) LA recommendations for a good DJ/MC under $1000?

posted 4 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 2
788 posts
Busy bee

La bride (or more like oc) but I’ve also been looking at la DJs. I think 1k is really low to budget for a dj! I hope you find one but I think 2k is a more reasonable budget. Good luck!

Post # 3
4899 posts
Honey bee

Not in LA, but a pro DJ is priced about  $125 an hour for just the basics and 125 is probably an underestimate  (and definitely for LA).  So a six hour party is $750 and that is not including the extra time for travel, set up, and break down driving the cost higher.  Plus their time meeting with you beforehand, creating custom playlists, etc.  I think your budget is probably unrealistic.  Your best bet is to find someone who does it freelance on a part-time basis as a hobby through more informal channels if you’re unable to budget more.  

Post # 4
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
keirel :  I just booked mine in LA the other day for under $1K

He’s been a DJ since his hey day and when his friends started getting married, he offered when he realized how expensive and cheesy they can be. 

He’s throwing in a fog machine/ lights/ the works. He does everything but play cheesy wedding games. He asked all the questions about timeline/ MC/ and really professional. Things we didn’t think about. 

I made an account after lurking for a year because I know how expensive they can get. Oh and he doesnt charge overtime. It’s his hobby to make extra money that he doesn’t really need for his kids tuition. Honorable right? So it’s a fun thing he does because he’s been married and knows how much it can cost and some people can’t afford that. 

He’s playing 90s RNB and knows all the clean versions but still- great find. Lmk if you need his info. I have his private but meet with him and see if you vibe. Can’t hurt as he’s under $1K, has lights/gear etc. Great guy too!

Post # 5
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
keirel :  Oh, he used to DJ for the Anaheim ducks/ had a gig at venues in his hay day. He just happens to be a very young dad and kids got in the way. If this makes you feel any better of whether he is/was a PRO DJ. Again, if you want his info. LMK. 

Post # 8
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
keirel :  I got married last may in ventura and used

<h1>Cateraoke DJ & MC by Alex Diaz and Josh Ponder</h1>

DJ from Los Angeles, CA – Will travel up to 100 miles

I found them on gig masters and they were amazing to work with and kept the party going. and was under 1k!

The topic ‘LA recommendations for a good DJ/MC under $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors