Post # 1
Well with four months left, I’m just wondering what everyone has left to do…My big project for this month is to start working on invitations…I figure if I work on them a little every week-end they will be done by the end of the month, maybe even beforehand. Then on to all of the other paper DIY stuff like programs and menu cards. Soooooo…what do you have left to do?
Post # 3
Ugh! So much! I have to
- proof and order the invites (we got the proof this morning! yay!)
- Find what music we’ll use for the ceremony
- Find a baker!
- Find a hair person in my remote town that will come up to the wedding site
- Find/make the sashes for my dress
- Get the groom to order his tuxes/get his guys in order
- Make most of our print items (menu/seating/in-room/tables/directions/etc)
- Consider finding a new officiant (long story: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/sad-need-help-choosing-new-officiant)
- Get bm gifts engraved
- find groom’s gift
- decide/buy favors
- Decide on readings/ music for ceremony
- Order dog’s ring bearer collar
- Decide on what food we’ll have for the reception
I think that’s all for now off the top of my head. It feels like I have a lot, but I think it’s fairly small. Because we are getting married in such a remote area a lot of it is going A LOT slower than I’d like.
Post # 4
Sometimes I swear I read the blog posts for October brides and I feel like they are so far ahead of me! ahh! Invitations got ordered, now I just need to write out all of the addresses, which will be tedious! I am going to check my dress on Friday, and schedule my fittings then! I do still need to do wedding bands, which makes me alittle nervous. Do I need to do this asap, or can I wait a few more weeks? anyone had experience with how long the bands take to come in?
Post # 5
I hope to work on my invitations this week. I bought them at Target. I think I figured out the wording, not I have to work on printing them. I have most of my readings possibly figured out. I have my favors, olive oil bottles.
Post # 6
What I’ve done so far is:
- Booked the venue
- Hired the photographer
- Purchased invites (which are coming in this week )
- Purchased dress (which I will be going in for another fitting in July)
- Made sure most of my bridesmaids purchased their dresses (3 out of 5)
- Bought ribbon to add to invitations
- Slowly buying vases or candy jars for the candy buffet
- Organized the guestlist and address
- Turned in all Church related documents
- Bought containers for candy buffet
What I need to do is:
- Book the appointment for the groomsmen to get their tuxes
- Make sure that the other 2 bridesmaids get there dresses
- Go to flowermarket to see how that works
- Make sure Fiance hires the DJ
- Look for a mariachi
- Book appointment for hair and make-up
- DIY programs, table numbers, place cards
- Prepare emergency kit
- Prepare bathroom kit for the guest (male and female)
- Buy candy for the buffet
- Rent a car
- Find a videographer
- Buy stamps
Wow… I just made myself tired I still have a lot to do. Once school is over this quarter I will get on it but until then I’m doing things slowly.
Good luck with everyone’s planning!!
Post # 7
<font size=”2″ color=”#81a026″>pvaulter718</font> just work on a little at a time….trust me you’ll get through it!!! regarding wedding bands…it depends on where you order your bands from…some can take a week others if you have them engraved can take 2 weeks or more…so it depends.
good luck everyone!!!!!!
ok back to working on invitations again…
Post # 8
We got wedding bands this past weekend! Yay! I kept going back and forth, which was why we hadn’t ordered them in the first place. But we ordered them on Saturday and they should be ready to be picked up in 2 – 3 weeks! woohoo! CHECK!
Post # 9
I actually feel like I’m pretty far along.
We have all of our vendors booked, dresses ordered, and ring bearers suits purchased. All of the accessories are done for me and my bridesmaids. I have all of the decorations purchased, just need to put them together. I have the bathroom basket items and emergency kit items purchased. I’ve finalized the cake and the flowers. Also, the setup and decorations for the ceremony and the reception site.
I have gifts for my bridesmaids, ringbearers and readers. Still need to buy gifts for parents, groomsmen and personal attendants.
We still need to get the groomsmen in for their tuxes. And we are ordering invitations this week. We’ll need to print off ceremony programs, menus, signs, etc.
I feel pretty good about where we’re at….. 109 days and counting…
Post # 10
We’re pretty far along with the big things, but my smaller item to-do list is a mile long. Our invitations are going to the printer today, and I’m 1/2 way through the calligraphy. I need to buy my veil and find earrings and then the rest of the stuff are little details that we’ll have to just check off slowly but surely.
I really can’t believe it’s less than 4 months away now!
Oh crap, and we need wedding bands, thanks for the reminder pvaulter718!
Post # 11
Do you really want me to list everything?! LOL All of our BIG THINGS (rings (SQUEE We just bought them Saturday), ceremony & reception venue, dj, photog, invitations) are done now it’s just the little things (centerpieces, signs, etc.) that need to be done. 🙂 I made a list of every.single.minute.thing that needs to be done and it’s LOOOONG! 😀
Post # 12
I feel like I am pretty far along in the process but I know there are still a lot that needs to be completed… @Sweet Tooth: I used your list as my inspiration… Thanks!
Below is a part of my list:
- Booked the venue
- Hired the photographer
- Hired a Silk Florist
- Booked the DJ
- Hired the baker and designed the cake
- Booked the hair and makeup stylists
- Set appointment for hair and makeup trials
- Purchased invites
- Purchased dress – my first fitting for alterations scheduled for July
- Ordered Fiance, Groomsmen and attendant’s Tuxes
- Bought vases for the candy buffet
- Organized the guestlist
- Bought candy bags for the candy buffet
- Make sure MOB and MOH get their dresses
- Design centerpieces and purchase
- Create Music list
- DIY table numbers, place cards, menus, photocards
- Prepare bathroom kits
- Buy candy for the buffet
- Buy stamps for invites
- Buy Wedding Bands
…and the list goes on and on.
Post # 13
We are in pretty good shape but at the same time the weekends are rapidly filling up with things to do:
- Finalize favor packaging/ make all of them
- Finish booking honeymoon (we have flights and a basic plan outlined need to book hotels)
- Fill outband information sheet with song requests
- Finalize ceremony music
- Finalize ceremony/ readers etc.
- Take Engagement pictures
- Design escort cards/ table numbers
- Send invitations to calligrapher
- Get groom/ Groomsmen measured for tuxes
- Dress fittings
- Finish buying attendant/ parent gifts
- Create wedding day timeline
- Final hair/ makeup trials
- Get marriage license (can’t go until 60 days before in PA)
While it is a long list they are all managable little tasks.
Post # 14
I have to admit that I had a mini panic attack after reading this thread the other day. I now have a new, revised to-do list and have started breaking it out into shorter to-do-this-week lists….And we tried on wedding bands yesterday.
Is anyone else getting anxious?
Post # 15
Anxious is the key word here.
Post # 16
anxious. worried. concerned. in a tizzy. unglued.