(Closed) Labor Day Weekend 2009 (Sept 4/5/6, 2009)

posted 12 years ago in San Francisco Bay Area
Post # 17
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m getting married on the 5th and planned and booked all of my vendors 2 years ago!!! They all thought I was crazy but here I am! And I finally (just) got my dress last weekend! (It was last on the list.)

I sent my save the dates out a year in advance and have family coming from Germany, Kentucky and Maryland (to a destion-y wedding in California) but the location, Half Moon Bay has some big festival Labor Day weekend and there’s only one way into the coastal town and it’s the same way out!!! I will be sure to provide lots of shuttles and make sure they give plenty of time for traffic, but hope my guests don’t mind sitting outside on an ocean bluff listening to a string quartet while they wait for me to get ready!

Nobody has any excuse to miss our wedding as it takes place over a holiday weekend, and I thought it would be great for everyone attending when I chose the date, but I found out my next-door neighbor is also getting married that day!!!! Popular!

Post # 18
337 posts
Helper bee

We are getting married Sept. 6 at a dude ranch! Really excited and definitely thought giving people an extra day to travel would be the best call. The only unfortunate thing is that it cuts our honeymoon down by one day but we’ll be taking quite a bit of time off before the wedding to set up, so that’ll be good.

Our colors are lemon and celadone (or a yellow and a sage-y green) and I am working on putting deposits down on our photographer, rental company, band, and working out guest subsidies (as the ranch is quite expensive!) Tons of excel spreadsheets but I’ll feel a lot better once we’ve paid for a few things. Congrats to all! 

Post # 20
18 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married on the 5th! So far everything has been going really well. I got a great tip from a friend who told me the little town inside of a big town where we are actually getting married does fireworks on the Saturday of Labor day weekend. After a few calles to the city, I learned that the firworks will go off less than a 1/2 mile from our reception site. With that in mind we made sure to set our schedule so that guests will have eaten and just be in the mood to dance outside as the firworks are going off!

How fun is that!!!

Post # 21
26 posts
Newbee

Labor Day Weekend is perfect for us… since we are doing a Chinese Banquet on the 6th and Ceremony/Reception on the 7th. 

Post # 22
37 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on September 6th in Orlando, Florida. It’s a destination wedding for all of us – we live in Palm Beach area, while our folks are coming from Wisconsin, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Illinois. We choose Orlando, because that’s where we got engaged and it’s also a fun place with lots to do. We’re having it on Sunday, because we figure a lot of people will be flying in on Saturday, so at least this gives them one day to travel to Orlando, and then they can fly out on Monday. We’re actually learning that a lot of our guests are making a vacation out of it and staying longer!

5 1/2 months to go – yeah!

Post # 23
458 posts
Helper bee

We are the 5th as well! 

My fiance and I have actually been doing a Memorial Day Century Ride in New York State for the last few years, so we will be getting married on Saturday and riding our bikes 100 miles on Monday! *whew*

No roadblocks quiet yet, although our friends/family do think we’re crazy!

Post # 24
473 posts
Helper bee

I’m a September 4th bride myself!

We are having a night time reception (7 pm), so that everyone has time to get there after work, followed by a cocktail and hors doeuvres reception. 

We have all of our vendors booked, My dress should be here at the end of May and Save the Dates will be going out in 2 weeks (I’m a little behind on that one!)

Our colors are chocolate brown, peach and white.  Very simple.  Our venue will be decorated with LOTS of candles – so it will give off a romantic feel.  We don’t have a lot of guests coming in from out of town, so we don’t have a weekend full of events planned… Do you think that’s ok?

Post # 25
8 posts
Newbee

Hi to all Labor Day Brides! I am a September 6. In Buffalo-Niagara region. Most of our guests are travelling from oversees, so this is a little complicated.

Did everybody already sent out invitations? 

Post # 26
473 posts
Helper bee

aliona123 – there is no need to send out invites yet! But, I do recommend sending out Save the Dates soon, because your wedding is on Labor Day Weekend. Mine are going out in a couple weeks.

Invites don’t need to go out until about 8 weeks before your wedding date.

Post # 27
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I am getting married on the 5th. I only have the venue. I will send the save the date probably in May. Zazzle.com has some great post cards that you can make. For 100 they are just $65, and postage per post card is .28-i think

Post # 28
27 posts
Newbee

September 5th as well. Getting towards the end of booking the vendors and now trying to tackle all the DIY projects like our cake stand, invitations, placecards, etc. Oh, and getting those bridesmaids dresses ordered!

6 months sometimes seems so close but far away still!

Post # 29
16 posts
Newbee

Yay Sept. 6th! We’re getting married three days before my birthday (9/9/09) so I’m getting the best birthday present ever! (there’s nothing else I’d rather do than spend my birthday at some tropical location as a newlywed). We haven’t sent out invitations yet, but had sent STDs since we’ll have alot of folks traveling in who needed to reserve a hotel room.

So far we haven’t had too many issues with unavailability due to the particular weekend, but we’ve also gone through alot of friends (pastor, flowers, music, transportation, etc.). We did have to pick a ceremony location other than our first couple of choices since most of the places were reserved, but no biggie since it’s worked out. I still haven’t chosen a baker for the cake, so I hope I didn’t just jinx myself. 🙂   

Post # 30
510 posts
Busy bee

Yay for Labor Day week-end brides!!! I’m actually getting married Sept. 4 in the evening…so far I haven’t had any complaints…but I did wonder if people were going to be snarky over the friday date…

Post # 31
81 posts
Worker bee

We are getting married Sept. 5.  I didn’t face any challenges with vendors or locations, but we almost had a hotel room disaster.  We were forced to book rooms not knowing how many we will need because there is a Religious Retreat in town the same weekend.  I am a little stressed about there being enough accomodations but I will just remain hopeful that it all turns out. 

I am annoyed, however, that so many people are trying to call it a Fall wedding.  I personally feel like it is a late Summer wedding.  I have chosen lime green and orange as our colors in an attempt to keep it fresh, bright, and cheerful. 

The topic ‘Labor Day Weekend 2009 (Sept 4/5/6, 2009)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors