(Closed) Lace dress with cap sleeves, under $1200

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4824 posts
Honey bee

Cap sleeves are really easy to add so you could buy a dress you like and order a little extra of the lace for the sleeves, or have sheer cap sleeves added and an applique that matches the dress (may be cheaper than ordering lace)

With a quick google, its a standard pricing option for $39 at davids bridal, but any seamstress would do it http://www.davidsbridal.com/press/pdf/trend_070625_SC.pdf

Post # 4
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Mine wasn’t really trumpet, but it was lace with cap sleeves.  Mon Cheri Amelia.  I paid $600 for the sample.

Post # 6
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
Post # 7
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

here are some that match your criteria, though its true it is really really eay to add cap sleeves to a lace dress:

casablanca 1982

casablanca 1942

mia solano

Post # 9
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Go to another DB to find that dress, I tried it on and its realllllly pretty!

Post # 10
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2012

My dress is the Allure 8825 and it’s lacy with an illusion neckline and short sleeves, and under $1200 (new).

I tried on that David’s Bridal dress and although pretty, I was underwhelmed. The material on the skirt just didn’t do it for me.

Post # 12
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I had al lace “shrug” added to my strapless, so it’s definitely possible. Mine detached so that I could have different looks for the wedding and ceremony, but I loved them so much I wore the straps almost all night. Here’s a few pictures.

Front, with straps:

Back, with straps

Strapless:

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@gardendahlia: where did you get your dress? and who did the sleeves? its just the style im looking for. 

P.S. I have The Murphys as a photographer too. 🙂

Post # 14
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@aeliseon: I got my dress from Allegria Bridal in Belmont, MA. It’s a Marisa 737. I think they’ve discontinued this dress, but there’s a really similar one in their line right now (I think the 865). Marisa dresses are beautiful but hard to find pictures of online. There are a few threads on WeddingBee where Marisa brides posted their dresses–check them out.

The sleeves were done by Sabella Couture in Boston. They design their own wedding dresses and also do alterations. They were AMAZING to work with–would definitely recommend going with them. they also changed the neckline from a scoop to an actual sweetheart.

Loved the Murphys–they were great! My pictures were amazing. My only advice is to give them a little direction on the posed shots–my favorite ones are the ones I specifically asked for. They’re awesome with the candids and action shots!

Post # 15
2854 posts
Sugar bee

@kimbean: I had wanted to try that one on too, and the sales girl didn’t even know what I was talking about. >.>

@gardendahlia: LOVE the detachable shrug!

Post # 16
34 posts
Newbee

I would also recommend looking at the Allure line, which includes a lot of lace dresses. My dress is the #8764 and it was under $1200. 

The topic ‘Lace dress with cap sleeves, under $1200’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors