(Closed) Lack of RSVPs & We ran out of invitations

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Can you order some cheapies from Vistaprint and send them out?  It isn’t ideal, but it’s all I can think of. 

Post # 4
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Just to be clear, why did you set the deadline so early?  Maybe that’s why you haven’t received many rsvp’s back?  I bet a lot of people didn’t pay attention to the deadline, assuming they had plenty more time.  You’ll probably end up getting a bunch more, so don’t discount them yet!  As far as still wanting to invite more, I’d go to Michael’s and buy the inexpensive DIY invitations.  They look really great.  Because you don’t want anyone to feel like they were on the B list (even if they were!) and sending an email or using another informal method might make them feel that way. 

Post # 5
1250 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

First of all, keep in mind some people are just really bad about RSVPing. My deadline was a week ago and I’m still missing over 40. Your best bet is to email/call/facebook/text like mad to get in touch with the delinquents and get their answers! I divided that monumental task up between myself, Fiance, and our parents to make it more manageable.

Where/how did you get your invitations? Is it possible to make/order more? If not, I second @Lindsay’s comment – you could make a cheaper/less involved version instead of just inviting by email.

Post # 6
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yeah, I’d order some cheap ones from vista print, or the print-at-home kits from Micheals.  I’m guessing that most of the people getting invites now aren’t close to the people who got invites before (ie you first sent invites to family, and now you’re opening it up to work friends or something) so there’s a 0% chance people are going to compare.  Honestly, even if people are close, nobody really talks about the invites anyway, so it’s doubtful anyone but you would know!

Post # 7
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’d print some on regular cardstock.

Post # 8
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

First of all, calm down.  You will get a rush of RSVPs the day of an even after your deadline.  Yes it sucks, but it it will happen.  I don’t really get what you mean by not having enough people?  What constitutes enough?  Just because you plan for 150 doesn’t mean you have to have 150.  I know it sucks that not everyone can be there, but at least you’re saving money (unless you already gave your caterer a head count of 150 prematurely).

If you want to invite more people, just order more invitations (if you have time) and if you don’t have time buy some printable invites fro the store and send them.  Just FYI though, people will know regardless of what the invite looks like that it’s a B List invite since it’s so close to the wedding.

Hope this helps!

Post # 9
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Definitely CALL all those people who you don’t have RSVPs from and make sure they’re not coming. Some could have gotten lost in the mail or might just be forgetful about sending the rsvp back. IF they won’t give you an answer just tell them what’s up (you’re inviting additional people if they can’t come) that way they can’t just not RSVP and then show up.

Beyond that just do some quicky invites from Micheal’s or Target – tons of places have cute ones (they won’t exactly match but it’s better than an email invite).

On a side note – I’d be thrilled to get only 70 (I wanted a small wedding – it got bigger as time went on) – then I could have more food/more extras.

Post # 11
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

If this were 2 weeks out from your wedding then I would say panic. But you are a little over a month and a half out so I am sure people just haven’t mailed them out.

Post # 12
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Generally you want to wait until maybe a week after the deadline to account for people who put their RSVP in the mail on or the day after the deadline.

If everyone that remains replies Yes how many would you have (are the 50 singles or are some from multiple people)? If you have more people that you weren’t able to invite but really want to be there, get more invitations printed up locally at an office supply store (they can do simple ones same day). Then send them out with a new RSVP date.

You might want to pause and consider did you already invite the people you are close to and are just feeling the stress to have a big wedding that you pictured? Maybe you can shift things to make your wedding more special with the people you have coming already. Depending on your space or the caterer you might be able to have a different seating arrangement or use the extra space in the venue to have a photo booth (paid for with the money you would have spent on extra food and rentals).

The topic ‘Lack of RSVPs & We ran out of invitations’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors