(Closed) Ladies – Do you get along with sister/sisters?

posted 7 years ago in Family
  • poll: Ladies - how close are you to your sister?
    Very close : (24 votes)
    30 %
    Close : (22 votes)
    27 %
    We get along, but are not especially close. : (17 votes)
    21 %
    Not my favorite person, but we manage to tolerate each other. : (7 votes)
    9 %
    I really dislike her. We do not get along. : (11 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 31
    183 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015 - Industrial/Modern

My sister is my best friend. We’re 8 years apart (I’m the eldest) and she’s one of my favourite people on the planet. Can’t imagine life without her.

Post # 32
    1301 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I don’t have any sisters or brother but my mom has 2 of each. Her relationship with her sisters has been up and down their whole lives (they are all in their 70s now). She used to be really good friends with one of her sisters but that sister picked the other sister to be her Maid/Matron of Honor 50 years ago and mom still has hurt feelings over it (the wedding was on her birthday as well and nobody wished her a happy birthday). Mom and her other sister have never gotten along. Since their mother died 20 years ago we;ve only seen that sister a handful of times. They had a complete falling out.

I know other sisters who planned their pregnancies together and call each other multiple times a day.

Two ends of the spectrum lol/

Post # 33
    1498 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I have 2 sisters. I voted that we are close- we get together when we can and even though we are in different places in our lives (youngest is a sophomore in college, middle is living with her gf and in grad school, I’m a newlywed in the work force), we still get along really well. Though it wasn’t always this way! I’m also super lucky to have 3 SILs on DH’s side who I love like sisters, and I’ll soon have 2 SILs on my side that I get along with really well too! I consider myself really lucky to have 7 great sisters. 

Post # 34
    6331 posts
    Bee Keeper

My sister is almost a decade younger than I am. We get along well because we are each other’s only sibling, but unlike other people, we grew up sort of in different generations. We have each other’s back though.

Post # 35
    332 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

My sister and I were close till she had children. She changed, and now I don’t really know her. She seems to have time for all her friends, but when I want to see her it has to work around the children and is usually too hard.

I am pretty sure (because mom told me) that she thinks I don’t like her kids and therefore she doesn’t want to bother with me, but I really have no issue with the kids at all, and just don’t like the person she has become as a mother.

ps. I have children of my own, so it’s not like I don’t get it.

Post # 36
    666 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

My sisters are 7 and 5 years older than me. I don’t really speak to them at all and we don’t really have a relationship good or bad. We speak maybe once or twice a year. They don’t really speak to each other either. My oldest sister calls my parents often (even though my mom is really her stepmom) and my middle sister refuses to really talk to my mom unless she needs something. Theyve never fought, shes just incredibly moody and self-focused. They don’t really speak to our brother either. I used to be close to the oldest one but have realized she really only cares about herself and have kept a distance to prevent further hurt. We also have a complex relationship because I kind of act as her older sister and even though shes a deacde older than my brother shes about his maturity level and closer in life to him because she took a long time off before going to college. Oldest sister has a daughter and is possibly moving back east soon so once we all have kids and are geographically close maybe we will speak or visit more. 

Post # 37
    98 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Unfortunately not.. Havent met in years and no contact. We have never been close or in a sisterish supportive relationship. But luckily my Fiance has 2 sisters that are like my own

The topic ‘Ladies – Do you get along with sister/sisters?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors