(Closed) Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011 – Baby Gear purchases?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 4
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018 - Our home and the two acres it sits on

Gear, hmmm. Well, we’re having a boy (yay!) but we bought a few things a while back before we knew for sure:

Graco Snugride 35 car seat – it’s been living in the car, but not installed, just in the trunk.

Crib – just came in and we picked it up Thursday, it’s also living in the trunk of the car. In our defense, the nursery is still full of the stuff it held when it was a guest room/ office/ storage area, so stuff can’t go in there just yet.

Glider – we bought it via Craigslist (which I LOVE) but I need to recover it, no idea what I’ll decide on.

Cloth diapers – I bought half a dozen Grovia hybrids and thought I bought 8 gently used BumGenius AIO’s for a great price, but then I got screwed when the lady only shipped two of the eight and then claimed she wasn’t responsible. Argh. I filed a dispute with Paypal but it takes a while, so I’m grumpy.

I ran out of steam before I decided on a baby monitor, crib mattress, or, well, anything else. ๐Ÿ™‚ Our friends just had a baby 6 weeks ago and love their Rock N Play to death, so we are likely to get one of those.

Colors – green like grass, blue like sky, yellow like sunshine and anything bright like flowers! (This may remind some of the folks who have been around and bothered to read my wedding posts of my last-minute desperate wedding theme.) I think I’ll paint the nursery a dark gray/taupe color because it’s kind of like a treehouse, plus the dark neutral will balance the crazy bright colors we tend to love.

Post # 5
3587 posts
Sugar bee

What are the top 5 baby gear things do you already have or know for sure you want?

These are all on my registry, so just hoping I get them!

1.Angelcare Movement Sensor with Sound Monitor and 2 Units

2. Fisher Price Soothe N Play Bouncer – Woodland Animals

3. The Original Baby Banana Toothbrush

4. The First Years Everywhere Gate

5. Fisher price Deluxe Musical Mobile Gym

What colors/themes are you using in the nursery? 

I’d like to use a Woodland Animal theme I saw in Target.

Post # 6
2866 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

What are the top 5 baby gear things do you already have or know for sure you want?

1. A Boppy pillow

2. A nice glider recliner (we ordered this already)

3. Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper

4. BabyBjorn Baby Carrier

5. Not sure…I’ll think of something!!

Blue & brown & trees!

Post # 7
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Aw, I want to play even though I haven’t found out the sex yet.

We decided on the Davinci convertible cribs, and we like the Emily, plus the dresser, and changing tables too.

I want one of those spinning toys where they sit on it and turn the wheel to spin. My baby will have that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lol, that’s all we’ve really decided until we go to the doctor’s again.

The nursery is blue, like a sky blue and the woods are a light colored oak. I already painted it that way, and I really don’t feel like painting it again. I think it will be a Twins (baseball) theme if its a boy, and just a blue room if its a girl. I haven’t decided on the curtain color yet.

Post # 8
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We havent gotten all of these things yet, some are on our registry ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Graco travel system (Hamilton print)
  2. Awesome Glidder at babies R Us
  3. Bright Stars – Automatic Bouncer
  4. Baby-Trend Amazone High Chair
  5. Baby-Trend Amazone Play Pen

We are going with Yellow and brown ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

All is on our registry unles otherwise noted

1. Darling Husband is is into security, so we’re going to have a handheld video monitor with night vision as well as a security camera that is accessible via iphone and computer (also with nightvision)
  2. UppaBaby Vista Special Edition (aka yellow) Stroller.  Already purchased.
  3. Moby Wrap.  Dont know why, but I want one
  4. A glider I guess.  
  5. I guess I don’t really have a #5 either.  We havent been so into buying or really wanting things so I have some work to do here. 

We arent doing a “baby-ish” nursery.  Its going to be elegant and preppy.  Pink and navy blue, some damask patterns, and a vnyl wall decal of 6 huge floor to ceiling birch trees behind the crib.  Glider will be a neutral light tan burlap with some throw pillows, etc. 

Post # 11
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m not pregnant yet but…

@KellyV:

#1 sounds like the coolest EVER! I feel like my husband would get a total kick out of it. Can you provide a link??? K thanks.

Post # 12
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Even though it’s going to be hards to take out of the attic, we have all of Moose’s stuff, so we have clothes, bouncy seat, swing, play mat, blankets, diaper genie, pack and play, and some other stuff. The other stuff, we’re figuring out.

Seriously, I have no idea, but I’ve decided I want to make as much as I can.

Post # 13
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@regberadaisy:

sure!  I cant get too into what he does for a living, but it involves stuff like this.  It would be something similar to this camera, hardwired into the nursery and house.

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Camera-Viewing/dp/B0046710G6?ie=UTF8&tag=silspopappla-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969

looks like this on a PC https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6jkyYF-79Ys/TW0HZRKEx0I/AAAAAAAAC5w/vyU2jDkjVHw/s1600/Camera+Shot.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0046710G6/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all

Post # 14
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

1. We already have a crib, matress, and changing table

2. Rocking chair (I really want one)

3. Darling Husband wants the 900 mHz baby monitor because I read somewhere that it can sometimes pick up your neighbor’s cell phone conversations.  (boys and their toys!)

4.  Car seat ( preferably two so we don’t have to constantly switch them between our vehicles)

5. Playmat

We find out next month if we’re having a girl or a boy.  But so far, the theme for both is safari animals.  Colors will be pink, green, and white for a girl and yellow, brown, and tan for a boy.

Post # 16
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

1. Cloth diapers. We’re going with Bum Genious all in one, one size fits all. I’m terrified nobody will buy them for the shower, b/c we obviously really need them!

2. Graco Pack N Play. I have a feeling we’ll be using it a lot, we already have a trip planned for when the baby is about 3 months old.

3. Crib. It will be a gift from my grandma.

4. Glider.

5. Changing table. I’m just excited about it b/c I found a really cute one!

There will be lots of pink and pigs.

The topic ‘Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011 – Baby Gear purchases?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors