(Closed) Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011- How are things going?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
  • poll: Whats your due date month!
    May : (4 votes)
    6 %
    June : (7 votes)
    10 %
    July : (12 votes)
    17 %
    August : (23 votes)
    33 %
    September : (16 votes)
    23 %
    October : (7 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 3
    332 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  I’ll be 12 weeks tomorrow, due July 22.

Are you or have you found out the gender? I’m very excited to find out if it’s a boy or a girl! I love pink too much to have a neutral color around if it’s a girl.

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope? Currently I’m feeling pretty good. I get crazy bad migraines which have been a pretty major problem, but my neurologist put me on some meds that seem to be working wonders. As for normal pregnancy symptoms… they stopped about a week and a half ago. It kind of worries me but I’m trying to stay positive!

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  I’m waiting until my 12 week apt. to start thinking about any of this. I recently had a miscarriage, so this time I don’t want to get myself all excited in case something goes wrong.

Post # 4
    858 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  August 27th so I believe today is 6w5d

Are you or have you found out the gender?  We will find out, but it’s way too early for us. ๐Ÿ™‚

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  Honestly, since just a few days after I found out at like 4ish weeks, I have been having terrible, horrible morning sickness. As in I’m stuck in bed. So far blue gatorade is the only thing I can consistently keep down. Sea bands aren’t working, small meals aren’t working… Yeesh.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  Of course it can always change, but we’ve agreed and narrowed it down to one boy’s name and one girl’s name and I have decided which room we are making his/her bedroom. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Any other tips to share with others?  Oh, I wish… When I find out the secret to morning sickness, I will let you all know.

Post # 5
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

So I filled this out, had to close the screen(at work), and then realized that my answers might freak out all the newly pregnant moms on here, so I’ll go with: I’m due July 25

Advice: It’s never too early to start reading about giving birth so yuo can chose your birth plan whether it be c-section, natural, medicated, whatever. Know what you’re going to do. If in doubt, call the doctor! Granted, I had no obvious warning signs, but, there are lots of babies here today because their mother noticed something was wrong.

Post # 6
    219 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  August 19th ~ will be 8 weeks tomorrow!

Are you or have you found out the gender?  Too early to find out, but I’m not sure if we are going to find out. Part of me wants it to be a surprise, but the anxiety part of me thinks it might be better for my mental state if I know! ha!

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  Lately have been feeling fine, very normal other than some quesiness if I’m not on top of my eating. In the begining had the sore boobs, & some very mild cramping. My energy level kinda sucks too.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  Good Gosh no! I still haven’t totally wrapped my mind around this thing! Part of me feels like it’s a big joke, that I’ll go to my next doctor appt. & they will say “surprise! We were just joking”. All of the stuff that I don’t know about babies & kids is way overwhelming! Do I need to start reading about babies now????

Any other tips to share with others?  If I eat before I get hungry then I’m not queasy. Other than that…try to stay off internet (except WB of course) cause you will drive yourself nuts with info overload!

Post # 7
    858 posts
    Busy bee

@TheFutureMcBride: I’ve read your previous posts, so I have an inkling of what you may be talking about (and thank you for the advice! I’m bad about calling the doctor. :)) but honestly, the ominous tone scares me even more! And for what it’s worth, my condolences and my congratulations (respectively, for the two separate situations)!

Post # 8
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee

@farmgirl2106: Sorry, I didn’t mean to be ominous. It’s just I didn’t like the sound of “we’re not buying anything until after I give birth to a healthy, living baby.” As far as my advice, I didn’t think about the birthing part soon enough and almost didn’t get into Bradley classes. And the “ask your doctor,” part, well, I’ve read lots of stories where the mom ignored something that was giant and it turned out poorly.

I guess it’s hard to think babies sometimes because I don’t know what’s going to happen, so I’m living in the present, not the future, and definately not planning out a room, car seat, or clothes.

Post # 10
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee

@SecretName: Well, with Moose, we were Team Green because the idea of finding out right when Moose was born just sounded awesome. Like how could we not decide to go with the doctor saying “It’s a ____.” Plus, we had fun guessing. It was just fun. Now, with Wombat, it’s just an obvious choice.

Post # 11
    2207 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

@colors: We’re due the same date!!!  Also, There is a pinned thread at the top of the baby boards as a master list for ALL us pregnant ladies on the board, make sure you add yourselves to that list!

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  Ill be 12 weeks tomorrow!  Due July 22

Are you or have you found out the gender?   We will find out asap

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  I feel great!  Didnt have any morning sickness, or bloating or anything, just some exhaustion.  Advice on that?  Lots and lots of naps.  No cravings out of the ordinary.  I kind of struggled until recently about “feeling pregnant” because I just didnt.  But thats definitely starting to change.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  Nope.  We wont buy or discuss until after we know the sex.  We do want either the Bob or the Bugaboo stroller though.  And I want wall decals of trees for the baby room (sorry I dont like the wrod nursery.  weird I know.)  thats all I know =o)

Any other tips to share with others?  I feel as if Im so early and since I havent had any symptoms, I dont have much advice.  Yet.  Itll come =o)

Post # 12
    56 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  I am due Aug 22nd, so I am a little over 7 weeks.

Are you or have you found out the gender?  We will as soon as we can!

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  I’m actually feeling horrible and feel bad when I complain. I’m VERY tried, nausous all day with no relief, bloody nose and lots of bloating. Don’t get me wrong, I’m soooo excited about being pregnant, I just need to get past this first trimester. I’ve tried all the remedies for sickness, but haven’t found anything that works. On the plus side they say that if you have sickness, the less chance for miscarriage, so maybe its not a bad thing. The bloating is causing my work pants to be too tight so I’m off to buy a bellyband this weekend.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  No major purchases as we are waiting to find out the sex first. We do have a boy & girl name all picked out. I’ve been looking on the internet for furniture and bedding, which is fun, but will wait until we know for sure what it is. Its fun to look though!

Any other tips to share with others? My tip right now is to enjoy each stage as it comes. I hear that it all goes so fast, you should stpp to take a breath and enjoy the moment. Although it feels like I will be pregnant forever…Aug seems so far away!  

Post # 13
    2867 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  Due early June (6-12) the Doc keeps changing my due date but I’m around 18-19 weeks.

Are you or have you found out the gender?  We should know on MLK day!

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  Good, except everyone keeps asking me how I’m feeling! I’m annoyed with the belly/boobs getting in my way and making it hard to get dressed for work. Still working out and doing yoga and recently I’ve had more energy so that’s been good.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  I’m waiting till Spring to buy stuff – want to have some time to figure out the essentials. However recently one of my girlfriends bought me an awesome Kate Spade baby bag – so I can look chic while I’m hauling all the baby stuff around. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also trying to figure out day-care/working part-time/working from home/expanding my own business. Can I just win the lottery please??

Any other tips to share with others? No tips…never done it before! Mostly I’ve just been taking things as they come and trying not to worry about every little do or don’t that people want to warn me about.

Post # 14
    64 posts
    Worker bee

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)? 

May 27th, I’m just about 20 weeks.

Are you or have you found out the gender? 

We found out yesterday that we’re having a son. My partner did a touchdown dance in the doctor’s office, something very unlike him.

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope? 

I’m feeling great, trucking along, still running and have gained about 5 pounds, but my doctor says they baby is healthy and developing just fine. I guess I’ll say I felt MUCH better after 13 weeks for anyone not feeling well.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)? 

The only thing I have my sights set on is a BOB but I’m waiting for my REI divided and coupon for that. I’ve started telling friends that I’ll gratefully take any unneeded baby gear off their hands and things have started to trickle in.I do know target as many baby things on clearance right now, including graco cribs.

I’ve started reading up on creating a birth plan, but I haven’t made any decisions yet.

Any other tips to share with others? 

No tips, I have no idea what I’m doing, as it’s my first.

Post # 15
    2867 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

@knittybynature: Just wanted to say I love your username. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
    858 posts
    Busy bee

@TheFutureMcBride: Oh, no worries. I’m a jumpy person, and you have EVERY right to be leery. And we’ve made plans to go to the doctor as soon as we get back from Denver, so I will try to not be ignorant. I really don’t want to be. Once again, I hope everything goes perfectly for you!!

The topic ‘Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011- How are things going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors