(Closed) Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011- How are things going?

posted 10 years ago in Babies
  • poll: Whats your due date month!

May

June

July

August

September

October

• Post # 77
    338 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

my boss jsut brought her baby into work to meet us …OMG thank god im already pregnant, cause holding a little one makes me want one so bad !! lol… I cant wait ! 🙂

Post # 78
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)? 

10 weeks and 4 days

Are you or have you found out the gender? 

We have to wait two more months!

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope? 

Still feeling tired, but it’s getting better. 

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)? 

We ordered a crib, matress, and changing table.  We found a really good price for all three so we’re putting them in storage until we move into our new house. 

My mom already bought her granddaughter/grandson a New Orleans Saints bib!

Any other tips to share with others? 

Stay calm and relax.  Sleep when you can and if you can’t get to something, then just don’t worry about it.  And realize that everyone and their mama will have an opinon about what you should be doing…ignore them! 

Just my little update…hope all you ladies are doing well! 

Post # 79
    202 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

Little update on us, I am 20 weeks on Sat (yay halfway) and we are definitely having a BOY!!! He was not shy and we got a pretty good pic of his goods. lol DH is THRILLED! Still have only bought some diapers at this point, because we are getting so much. Mother-In-Law has already been shopping, and my sister has already sent 3 boxes of stuff and a pack and play from California. I’m finally showing which is exciting because now I don’t look like I’m just getting fat. At our Level II u/s everything was perfect and he measured to the exact day. I have been feeling movement for a few weeks now but now I am feeling actual kicks. That is such a crazy feeling. It’s so cool. I am out of all my first tri issues and I finally feel completely normal. I have my energy back and my mood swings are gone and I actually feel good. Other than having to pee every 5 minutes and aching hips, I would not know I was pg.

View original reply
    @SecretName: Thanks for making the list!

Post # 80
    751 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Update on me:  we had our first doctor’s appointment yesterdat and got to see our beautiful blob with its strong little heartbeat.  It was awesome and we are beyond excited! 

I still feel nauseous all day and throw up almost every night (atleast I’m at home and not my office bathroom!) and am exhausted, but inching closer to the 2nd trimester – I will be 9 weeks tomorrow  – so I hope I start feeling better soon. 

Hope you other ladies are feeling good! 

Post # 81
    6 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2011

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  September 22

Are you or have you found out the gender?  Yes!  I’m having a boy!

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  It’s hard.  Pregnancy is NOT pretty and I’m still puking every so often.  I lived on tofu and broth for the whole first trimester, but those nausea bands that you wear on your wrists really help.  I also have really bad back and hip pain from scoliosis and back injuries, so I started feeling the pains way earlier than most people.  But, I am always amazed about my belly and my baby kicking.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  hahaha.  I bought clothes before I even knew what I was having (I played it safe and bought boy, girl and neutral things.  The girl things will go to my Maid/Matron of Honor, who just had a girl).  I bought my baby bag and a forehead thermometer because I was running a temperature and I figured I could use it.  haha

Any other tips to share with others?  Don’t stress about the eating thing.  I puke when I eat veggies and I would cry in terror that I wasn’t getting enough vitamins to my baby.  My OB and several other people said that as long as I’m taking my prenatals, the baby will suck everything it needs out of me.

Ladies in your second trimester – Have you felt the baby move and/or have you found out the sex???  Oh yeah.  My baby seemed to skip the fluttering and went to straight kicks at 16-17 weeks.  Considering both me and my husband both did martial arts, it makes sense.

Post # 82
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

What is your EDD (or how far along are you)?  Oct 8th

Are you or have you found out the gender?  We find out on May 19th. I am dying to know!!

How are you feeling and any tips to help cope?  I’m feeling pretty good. I have been having a lot of round ligament pain the past few weeks. Sometimes those sharp pains….but mainly just a feeling like my insides are being slowly stretched. It’s more uncomfortable than painful. Also having some lower back pain.

Any major baby purchases or decisions made yet (nursery, gear, etc)?  I have not bought anything yet. Still need to clean out the room that will be the nursery. No room for stuff yet. But I have decided on a few things. Because of our price range & reviews…I plan to get a Graco crib. I also plan to get a Graco snugride car seat and for a stroller I will just get a frame that I can snap the carseat into….probably the snug rider. I also plan to get an Arm’s Reach Mini Co-Sleeper so that baby can sleep next to the bed at first. I look on craigslist a lot to see what’s on there. Will probably buy a few things used.

Any other tips to share with others?  Give yourself a break if you are feeling tired and not to productive. Sometimes I feel lazy but I remind myself that if I am tired, it’s because my body needs rest. I am growing a human for goodness sake! 😉

Ladies in your second trimester – Have you felt the baby move and/or have you found out the sex???  I am 16 weeks today and no movement yet. I hear that 1st time mom’s don’t usually feel it for atleast another month. I cannot WAIT though!  Don’t know the gender yet but really hoping for a girl!

The topic ‘Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011- How are things going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors