(Closed) Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011 – When was/is your shower?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
  • poll: When are you having your baby shower?
    Before 25 weeks (I would be curious about this, please share why below) : (1 votes)
    3 %
    26-29 weeks : (0 votes)
    30 weeks : (3 votes)
    8 %
    31 weeks : (3 votes)
    8 %
    32 weeks : (9 votes)
    24 %
    33 weeks : (6 votes)
    16 %
    34 weeks : (3 votes)
    8 %
    35 weeks : (3 votes)
    8 %
    36 weeks : (3 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 3
    519 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2008

I live 1200 miles from my family and I just do not have the time/money to be making that trip. If I do have a shower it will most likely be friends at work who throw it, but I doubt that will happen since all of them are pregnant and due before me.

Post # 4
    1220 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

No one could do an August date for mine (which is totally fine, I’d rather not look whalelicious) so we went with 31/32 weeks.

One of my best friends is throwing it at a hotel. About 30-40 people on the guest list. I expect about 25 at the shower.

Post # 5
    6572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2010

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks? I’ll be 33 weeks. We planned it around when my sister would be able to come down.

Who is throwing your shower(s)? My mom, SIL, and good family friend.

How many people are invited? We sent out 53 invites, but it’s a couples shower so about twice that. We’re not expecting them all to come… but it’ll be pretty big.

Any theme/pictures? Well, we’re having it at a minor league baseball stadium. We’re having a girl, so that’s not the theme, it’s just the location and we figured it would be good for the boys to have something they like to do when we open presents. Plus I’m not a fan of the traditional showers with games.

Post # 6
    858 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I’m in the probably not getting a shower group. My husband and I registered for some stuff in case people want to get us something, but I’m using it more as a list to help me be organized. We have already bought our crib, changing table, linens, and a couple of outfits.

If there is a “shower”, it will probably just be family. I told my mom if she wants to have something, we can do it out at the pond, and make it more of a BBQ thing, no gifts necessary. I don’t have a ton of friends left in the area I grew up in – we all moved away, and I haven’t made friends with anyone up here well enough that I’d be comfortable inviting them to an event that’s sole purpose is to give me presents. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
    174 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

My shower will be at about 33 weeks.

My sisters are throwing it at one of their houses in the Boston area. We live in Philadelphia. Could be a little tricky getting all the stuff back home in our car, but my mom will be visiting a few weeks later so I plan to ask her to bring down what didn’t fit in our car.

About 40 people are invited. We expect about 25. Majority of invitees are my cousins (who will probably go in on gifts together), then my friends, then my mom’s friends, then DH’s family. I am hesitant about inviting DH’s family altogether, but that is a post in and of itself.

No theme that I know of –my sisters are keeping the details to themselves. But there will be cake!

Post # 8
    10288 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

This isn’t my shower but I’m throwing one for my Future Sister-In-Law so I guess I’m qualified to answer…

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks? She’s due in early August and her shower is in late June so I guess around 35/36 weeks.

Who is throwing your shower(s)? Myself and my Future Mother-In-Law are throwing my FSIL’s shower. Her sister and mother are throwing her another shower for their side of the family (they live a few states away).

How many people are invited? 20 or less.

Any theme/pictures? We’re having a jungle theme to match their nursery.

Post # 9
    409 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

My shower is next weekend and I will be 34 weeks pregnant!

My Mom is throwing my shower and there are 50 invited but I think about 30 will come. It will most likely be a Princess theme! But I dont get to know the details! I just know the time and place. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
    2207 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

Im due July 22 and my shower is May 15

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks? I think thats around 30 or 31. The my coworkers are throwing me one at the end of may

Who is throwing your shower(s)? My SIL, coworkers

How many people are invited? about 65 to the one my SIL is throwing.

Any theme/pictures? Navy and Pink!

Post # 11
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks?

I voted for 32 weeks.  I’m not too sure yet, I just know it will be some time in July.  (I’m due mid September)

Who is throwing your shower(s)?

My mom and my sister-in-law

How many people are invited?

I’m not sure.  Maybe about 35 people or so.  Probably all the ladies who were invited to my bridal shower.

Any theme/pictures?

We find out in 5 days the sex of the baby!  So I guess we’ll go from there!

Post # 12
    317 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks? Let’s see we haven’t started planning yet but I’m guessing around 30 weeks which would put it towards the end of July beginning of August.

Who is throwing your shower(s)? My Mom and Mother-In-Law

How many people are invited? Not sure yet, probably around 50 invites if we count both my side and hubby’s side of the family.

Any theme/pictures? No theme

Post # 13
    3587 posts
    Sugar bee

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks? I’ll be 32 weeks when I have my shower on July 16th.

Who is throwing your shower(s)? My mom and sister

How many people are invited? About 50

Any theme/pictures? The theme will be ducks. I’m Team Green, so it’s something neutral, but cute. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
    714 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks? Looks like I will be about 33ish weeks if i am counting correctly.  @Msmamabear-mine will also be on July 16th! One of my sisters lives out of state and she will be in town during that time.

Who is throwing your shower(s)? My sisters are planning it, it will be at my mom’s house

How many people are invited? I’m not sure yet.  Probably 50ish…my husband has a big family! 

Any theme/pictures? Not yet.

I will probably also have a work shower in June (before school gets out).

Post # 16
    2867 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

When are you having your shower(s) in terms of pregnancy weeks?
    Mine was a week ago (I was 32-33 weeks). I think any later and there wouldn’t be much time to exchange things or if you have gift cards to use them online (and have to wait for shipping).

Who is throwing your shower(s)?
    One of my girlfriends from college and my mom.

How many people are invited?
    We invited around 40 and ended up with about 24 – it was a good size since it was at our house (which was super convenient especially when we got big stuff like a car seat and high-chair).

Any theme/pictures?
    Teal and brown – which are kind of my nursery colors. And birds…just because. ๐Ÿ™‚ Pics below!

Invite:

My hostesses:
    (oh and I didn’t wear any of the dresses I made everyone vote on…oops)

Decorations:

CAKE!

We got these cute washcloth “cupcakes”:

The topic ‘Ladies due in Summer/Fall 2011 – When was/is your shower?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors