Post # 1
Since we have this lovely list we should get to know our friendly members. I think it would be fun to meet our neighbors and find out a little bit about them.
1. Your Number
2. The length of time you’ve been on the list
3. The length of time you’ve been with your SO
4. Why you are waiting
5. Your estimate for when you will be engaged.
P.S. Try to drop a shout out to your list neighbors! Oh here is a link to the most recent list.
Post # 3
1.) I’m number 18.
2.) I’ve been on the list for 10 months (How did that happen?!)
3.) We’ve been together coming up on 5 years.
4.) I’m waiting because his plan for his proposal apparently requires it to be warm out, so he said it would be any time between May & August. (Eeeeek! )
5.) Oops, answered this in #4!
Shout out to MsMamaBear since she was one of the two people who welcomed me to the bee back in the day!
ETA: Bonus Question: We’re both 21.
Post # 4
This is my first time on the list (I’m last!)
We’ve been together 1 year, 11 months and 18 days.
I’m waiting because I love him! I’m waiting because we live together and I want to keep our life together… Permanently!
I think we’ll be engaged very very soon…. Weeks, maybe? *fingers crossed*
Post # 5
1. I’m # 176
2. I’ve been on the list for a week or so now, but I’ve been waiting since December.
3. I’ve been with my SO for 1.5 years.
4. I’m waiting because we have had discussions that have led to the agreement that we’re ready for the next step!
5. It should be sometime between May-August!
I shout out to Tunacupcakes, because we have a lot in common, she gives great advice, and she’s so nice! 🙂
Post # 6
1. I am #10
2. I have been on the list since… The April 26th, 2010 List when FuschiaSparkles was in charge of it.
3. I will have been with my SO for 4 years on June 17th 🙂
4. I am waiting due to a lack of funds to purchase my ring.
5. I thought it would be this summer but we will most likely have to move within the next 3 months so that is going to take a hit on the available funds for my ring. I can just hear my depression creeping in.
P.S. If you don’t know when you got on the list try checking Fuschiasparkles, littlemissmango, or purplebee’s archives.
Post # 7
@Torrid: Woohoo! Another bee with a proposal that should be between May & August!
Post # 8
@MissBoPeep: I had no idea you were so far up the list with me! Did you join the list under littlemissmango?
Post # 9
@MsBrooklynA: Yup, I joined weddingbee a couple weeks after she took over the list. 🙂
Post # 10
1. I’m #24
2. I’ve been on the list for about 6 months, I think.
3. We’ve been together since August of 2009.
4. I’m waiting because of lack of funds on the ring front. First the SO lost his job, then got a new one, then had some major bills pop up, then we moved, then we had to move AGAIN a week later, then we had more major bills from paying on three places at once. I’m at my wit’s end. I told him just to do it and we can get the ring later.
5. I really have no idea when it will happen. He has been saying “next month” since last October, so who knows! I do know that he is actively speaking with the ring designer right now, though, and has put down a deposit.
I don’t really have anyone to shout out to since I’ve been avoiding the Bee, hoping that if I wasn’t looking at this stuff every day, I wouldn’t get upset about waiting. It’s not really working.
Post # 11
@MissBoPeep: I noticed that! Is the suspense killing you like it is me? 😀
Post # 12
1. Currently 58. Ironically, there were 158 on the list when I asked to be on it (and I was put at 169 then, pre-list culling).
2. Joined list 5 months ago, 12/6 list when LetsGoPens was posting. First found bee and posted 8 months ago.
3. 3 years in about 2 weeks!
4. He moves slowly and takes things one at a time! Now that he’s got a new job, I’m moved in and the kitchen renovation is over, we’re starting to look at rings. First trip planned this Saturday!
5. Sigh. End of summer is my best guess, maybe in August? Need to find a ring, buy a ring, wait for the ring, wait for a proposal.
6. Ages: I am 31, he is 35.
Post # 13
@Torrid: I’m trying just to go with the flow since it’s SO close! Sometimes I can’t help doing a happy dance when no one’s looking because I know it’s coming. Lol!
Post # 14
1. I’m 27 on the list (groan)
2. I’ve been on the list since September 5, 2010 (though I lurked from about June ’10, and joined in August, I didn’t request to be added to the list until then)
3. Been w/ my SO going on four years (anni on July 3rd)
4. Idk why exactly I’m waiting, there are a myriad of reasons, most of which boil down to him “just not being ready yet” (siiiiiiiiigh w/ an eye roll)
5. Optimistic answer? This year. Pessimistic answer? Next year. (booo)
Shout out to my neighbors kentuckygirl and Miss Co-Pilot, though I must second
@MissBoPeep:‘s shout out to MsMamaBear, as she was very welcoming to me as well. As are/were most of the ladies, of course. And I joined under littlemissmango’s reign as listkeeper.
Post # 15
1. I’m #71
2. I think I’ve been on the list for about 5 months
3. A bit over 6 years together and soooo happy!
4. Right now I’m waiting for him to get the stone cut, buy a setting for it, and propose!
5. Probably June/July; we’re trying to buy a house in August and he agrees we will be engaged before buying!
Post # 16
@kay01: Oooh, nice bonus! I’ll play, too! I’m 30, he’s 33.