Post # 1
For me it has become finding the bridesmaid dresses. Its actually the opposite of what some brides have faced (opinionated bridesmaids). My bridesmaids wont say anything but “its whatever you want, its your day” Of course I know its my day, I just want them to be happy with what they have to pay for and wear. I think it is because they have been in some weddings where they have had absolutely no say-so at all but these are my friends and how they feel about things matter to me. I just want them to be as happy as I am on my day. Before this, I had a time with the guest list and that was stressful enough. Ladies, what’s grinding your gears with this whole wedding planning process?
Post # 3
1) Guest list limits/issues.
2) The statement “but there are different shades of black”.
Post # 5
Guest list and bridesmaid dresses. I just want everyone to be happy~~~
Post # 7
1) guest list
2) dealing with Future Mother-In-Law
3) people’s feelings of entitlement
4) The fact that i’d rather have had a really small wedding or eloped but it would break everyone’s heart and I can’t have what I really want.
Post # 8
So far, nothing really. We had a hard time finding a venue in our price range that had adequate capacity, but other than that things are going ok.
We decided to not send out STD’s, so we won’t have any issues in the event our guest list changes some and they we’d be stuck sending invitations to everyone we sent STD’s to.
We are hosting an open bar so we don’t have to decide which beer and which wines and pick a signuature cocktail. Ahhh, no decisions 🙂
I tried on like 50 dresses before I found one I loved. I’m a little terrified at how much alterations will be, but the gown itself was off the rack and on sale, so I can allocate a bit more of my dress budget to the alterations.
We also decided to have a lunch reception, because I refuse to invite more people than my budget OR venue can hold. It will save on my stress later on!
We’re also having a 2 year engagement, so I’ve been able to spread out the planning stress over a longer period of time so I don’t feel like it’s too much. I still have like 6 months to go too, and all I really need to do is alter my dress and figure out some center pieces.
Post # 11
I hated most of the planning process. The only parts I really enjoyed were meeting with our florist, and seeing our venue for the first time. But there were definitely two things that had Darling Husband and I tearing our hair out on a regular basis.
– Creative differences with my parents over “traditional” wedding aspects.
– Getting it into MIL’s head that she could not invite her entire extended family to the wedding. Even after we told her there was no way in hell people who hadn’t seen Darling Husband since he was 2 years old were getting invited, she was still convinced that she would get to choose half of the entire guest list…she didn’t seem to understand that Darling Husband and I needed our own portion of the list for, y’know, OUR friends.
Post # 12
Yes dealing with my Future Mother-In-Law has been a very huge issue. Because of her I cannot have any children at my wedding except my own. Better explained in my previous post. We are having a small intimate wedding already but with children not being able to come, it may be smaller than I actually want it 2 be… Now Im back to worrying about the guest list :(. The thing I have found to relieve my stress has been looking at honeymoon locations. The thought of just me and my fiance alone together on a nice sunny beach somewhere enjoying each other is peaceful, especially when we dont get that time alone at home. We have 3 children (5, 3, and 7 mons).
Post # 13
1. That everyone thinks their opinion is most important.
2. That we’ve had to plan everything so fast, and some people are complaining because we haven’t gotten to the stuff that is fun for them yet.
3. Guest list
Post # 14
Only think I haven’t liked is how hard it’s been to find a church. We found one and we are now regular members but still have to go through counsilling and what not. It’s kind of annoying.
Post # 15
Watching my budget spin out of control.
And how everyone has an opinion about how I’m “wasting” money.