Post # 75
$$$$$ everything is soooo expensive!! We are on a strict budget and I am no longer working because we had to relocate for Fiance job. It was really stressful when we had one month to find a venue, cater, florist and photographer before we moved out of state. But now that all that is complete, finding shoes was the most difficult. I happen to come across a pair on clearance at DSW last week. I also feel stressed when I feel like I am probably forgetting a zillion things that I need to do, but don’t know I need to do!
Post # 76
-FMIL’s never ending guest list.
-planning it without my Fiance and at a distance.
Post # 77
When the people I count on to come through for me, support me, and be happy for us (MOH, mom) dont. I know my wedding isnt the center of your world but cant you just act excited once and a while? Grrr.
Post # 78
1. I hated the fact that I didn’t have enough money… ever.
2. I hated trying to coordinate with everyone and dealing with others’ opinions about everyyythingggg.
loved my day, but glad it’s over… haha happy planning everyone!
Post # 79
GUEST LIST. what a fiasco.
I was told to make an A-list and a B-list (lol) but the A-list somehow went over the number of people we budgeted for… eloping would have been much easier 😉
Post # 80
It made me feel relieved that some other people wrote this, so I’ll say it again: everything.
Post # 81
-Trying to keep everyone happy/Second guessing myself because of my families wants!
-Changing my mind way too much!!!
Post # 82
@lindseyl06: Finding out how expensive things costs and dealing with the FILs’ “2 cents” about everything without trying to be disrespectful.
Post # 83
I’ve really had 3 things get on my nerves:
1. Our Budget-Oh my gosh, I am so tired of thinking about how much everything is costing and adding and readding the numbers over and over. Literally at least once a week I add up the money we have saved, the money we are going to save and the prices for everything just to make sure we aren’t going over. Its stressful!
2. Guest list-I hate this thing. Hate it so much. We are having our reception at a venue that holds about 130 people. Our guest list no matter what we do will not get below 160. We just have to keep crossing our fingers and praying some people will RSVP no. I know its a rule at least 15% will RSVP no, it doesn’t take the stress off of us.
3. Trying to coordinate the bridal party for events. It stresses me out trying to find a time when we can do things. I have 1 or 2 who may not be able to come to the rehearsal because of scheduling things, no one can seem to agree on a weekend for the bachelorette party, and I am not even sure if they are planning a shower due to time. Its just harder than I ever dreamed.
Post # 85
1. Guest list….. ugh
2. All the $$$$
3. Unsolicited opinions… I actually go out of my way not to mention any wedding plans to most anyone outside of my Fiance. Maybe I’m just a bit of a control freak, I don’t know.. LoL, but I just really haven’t wanted any outside opinions about anything.
Post # 86
This whole “bride” role. My mom actually explained one possible version of it pretty well: that back in the day, the family did most of the planning and the bride’s role was kind of like the groom’s: show up, look cute, get hitched. Now, we’re expected to handle ALL THE THINGS and also somehow be cute and excited and relaxed about it all. Doesn’t really work for me.
Also, Fiance not listening when I need to tell him something and get his input. He never tunes me out about anything, so why in the world is wedding planning an acceptable off switch? Grr.
Post # 87
…oh and I forgot Fiance reminding me of The Cost, which he considers input Tankgirl ugh
Post # 88
Having to focus so much on what other people want and expect.
Post # 89
Agreed! While I’ve wanted to be “the bride” since I was 4, I never thought there would be so much pressure! Anytime we do anything wedding related and I ask for an opinion, I always get “well, you’re the bride, so whatever you want.”
I also just got back from dinner with my mom, best friend and her mom. They wanted to get started on planning my shower and all the questions of “what do you want for this?” and “What do you think about doing that?” I freaking don’t care! As long as there is good food, I’m happy!