(Closed) Laid back brides… 150 days to go

posted 5 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@aquaelle:  i wouldn’t say you are a laid back bride but a very busy one! I am in medical school and planning a wedding and would say i am in the situation you are in(except kids)! there is so much to do and it seems like everything will somehow go together. It makes me wonder how is everyone putting in so much time to the wedding planning? because it seems that even wtih my laid back approach everything is getting done!

good luck!! you got this!

Post # 6
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m an August bee, too!! I was pretty spastic back in December feeling pressure to find vendors and book but now that everything is pretty much chosen, I feel completely laid back.

But my case is different because we have we wedding planner doing full planning. I knew from the very start I was just going to be way too stressed trying to do this on my own because I start to (unnecessarily) fret on every detail and getting stuff organized. I don’t know how I’d stay relaxed like you with school and three kids.

And I disagree with doubtingdebb. I think if you don’t feel stressed then you are laid back. Plenty of brides fret about getting stuff done right away even though their wedding is months away and they have plenty of time. You are taking a good approach and worrying about one thing at a time right now and I’ll bet you’ll look back and see how much you enjoyed this engagement period. Your wedding will come together in the end! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
757 posts
Busy bee

I’m pretty laid back too, but for similar reasons. I am finishing a masters degree this spring and my Fiance is in the middle of his ph.d. dissertation. I feel like at this stage, I just need to not think about things for a few months and then I can pick stuff back up in the summer.

Post # 10
4653 posts
Honey bee

I am a student and mom planning a wedding too… Just went back to school last school year so I am just getting into the very time consuming classes. I spent about 5 hours today on just my sociology class AND I am not even done with what I have to do for the week…

We are almost on spring break though so I am planning on doing a lot then. And my summer break is all devoted to family and wedding! I have to say I am kinda glad I can use the wedding as an excuse not to take summer classes this summer  ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Laid back brides… 150 days to go’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors