(Closed) Large fingers and carat sizes….help!!! (pic HEAVY)

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which Carat Size should I choose...
    8mm/2ct looks perfectly fine! : (65 votes)
    38 %
    8.5mm/2.5ct go on...go a little bigger : (46 votes)
    27 %
    9mm/3ct..go BIG or go home.. : (52 votes)
    30 %
    Other (write below) : (8 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 77
    6414 posts
    Bee Keeper

@GiantJelly:  I think that size is perfect!

Also, I see you’re from the UK; I’d be wary about going much bigger, depending of course on your social circle/where you live, as it’ll probably attract a lot of attention!

ETA: just seen the 3ct, and personally I prefer the 2ct BUT I prefer smaller stones anyway; so that’s a personal thing. I do think though that the 3ct will attract a lot of attention, which you may or may not want.

Post # 78
    896 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I have size 4 fingers, recently got a 1ct ring. that’s the SAME coverage as 2ct on your size 8 fingers, and, after wearing a half carat for a year, I was expecting to be wowed by the 1ct. but just like you, I was… slightly underwhelmed by the size.

your fingers are very proportional (and lovely!), so I think the 2ct will look like on you, once set, very much how this 1ct looks on me here:

I wish I would’ve gone with a 1.5, which would be a 2.5 for you! next time I’m gonna get 1.5 MINIMUM bahaha. good luck with your choice! hope the 2.5 hits your sweet spot!

Post # 79
    896 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

but I just wanted to add… I think the 2ct on you would be very classic for an e-ring. the 2.5 would be slightly more “oomph”. so, depends on what you’re going for! I truly think both would look great.

Post # 80
    729 posts
    Busy bee

Setting is key my dear but shrinkage is real n everyone gets there at some. I have love hate days all the time. Only natural in any relationship n the relationship with your ring is for life so get what you feel will be best for you.   If yah feeling that 2 or 3 ct love then go for it.  I have size 7 finger but massive manly looking hand feel n  hear what you’re saying.  Size for me was important so my solitaire would not look like a promis ring…. However I love grand n ornate rings anyways that are their own character .   Yah prob have seen pics of my ring but to show size of hand vs size of my finger , you can see my point.   Seriously dislike my large framed hands Frown….. Ering is a 1.75 ct diamond so a 2 ct on you would look great if that’s what you want.  Hope this helps some

Post # 81
    729 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @GiantJelly:   I love it  3 ct is fine to me looks great on our hand. Have he long fingers o pll it off 

Post # 82
    1197 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I think the 3ct looks great!  I have a 2ct halo on a 7.25ish finger, and love the coverage.  but I’m of the conviction that you should go as big as you can:)

Post # 85
    422 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2006

View original reply
    @GiantJelly:  I love halos with colored stone halos, they are the only ones I really, truly like. I’d snatch that baby up in a heartbeat!

Post # 87
    1477 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I wear an 8 1/4. I have an 8mm round unenhanced moissanite. I love big jewelry and I think this is huge. You have to keep in mind that strangers are going to assume its a diamond and you’re going to get a lot of unsolicited attention with a honker…  1 because it will catch their eye, and 2 because they will instantly make assumptions about the money involved. This is neither a good or bad thing, just something to keep in mind. 

The topic ‘Large fingers and carat sizes….help!!! (pic HEAVY)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors