Post # 1
Oh my goodness my anxiety has kicked in full gear, and I am stressing out. My fiance doesn’t understand what the stress is all about, ha! Our wedding is October 11, we just sent out our invites yesterday..and it’s really hitting me!!!!! haha! I’m so excited, but at the same time, I can’t wait to be married..and have all of this crazy-ness over with.
I stumbled across this site, and thought maybe I could get opinions from others!
1.) Our wedding is a formal, assigned seated ceremony/reception. We have requested no children (well on the RSVP’s we put "we have reserved _____ seats for you).. Would it be weird to have a "children’s table"? There will only be very few children family, and kiddos in the wedding. Is this weird?
2.) My fiance just took his groomsmen to get fitted for thier tux. Their tux rental is $155..is that normal?! One of the groomsmen was pitching a fit.
3.) Is it ok to call people who have not RSVP’d? Or is that annoying and tacky?
Post # 3
I LOVE, LOVE the idea of having "we have reserved __ number of seats" on the invitation!!!
The price of the tuxs (from my fiance’s perspective) is pretty normal. The last 2 tuxes that he rented were $130 and $145.
I would definitely call those that haven’t RSVP’ed, but I’m not sure how soon after the RSVP date I would do it.
Post # 4
1. I would talk to the children’s parents to see if they would prefer them at a separate table or if there is a reason they should be eating with them.
2. $155 seems crazy to me. Ours are $75 including shoes, ties, everything. And they are good quality, not trashy. My fiance said he paid $99 for a wedding he was in and was shocked by that.
3. I would wait a week after your RSVP by date to call. Thats just me though. I guess it depends on the size of your ceremony and how well you know the people you are calling.
Post # 5
haha I just read Lynzee’s post and thought I might add that that the price of tuxes probably depend on where you live too.
Post # 6
1. Like jeeyol said, I would ask the parents what they want!
2. I think it depends on where you live. The tux rental for our wedding in NYC (via men’s warehouse) is $170, and my fiance paid $125 at a local place in Allentown PA for another wedding he was in this year. So I’m thinking $155 is normal.
3. I’m waiting a few days after the RSVP date – and if the people who havent responded are our parents guests, they get to call them!
Post # 7
Good point jeeyol! I am in Minnesota, so it might be different!
Post # 8
Most of the kiddos are family, my mom just thought it would help out the parents by not having them on their laps…but, the kids probably will end up on their laps either way! 🙂 I’ve been discouraging the idea…but my mom thinks it is a good idea. BOO! But..she is paying for it! hahah! gotta pick my battles!
We are in Kansas City, and we rented the tuxes from Mens Warehouse as well…. eh, oh well. Its done and over with!
Thanks for all of the input!
(and I probably won’t call the people who haven’t RSVP’d until like a couple weeks before the wedding….just wondering if that was ok to do or not.)
Post # 9
our RSVP date was Saturday and we’ve begun with the gentle reminders. thankfully, the parents are following up on most of them for us, as they are family members who probably don’t realize that they also need to RSVP. 🙂
Post # 10
If mom is insisting on it, you might consider having someone to watch the kids table, like a babysitter. If they are young enough to be sitting on laps, I am worried that you guys might be wasting resources and space with their own table. With a sitter, they can be kept occupied and maybe their parents might have a better time too.
Post # 11
Etiquette states you should keep kids with their familes, but I think that peope do this both wasys now
The tux rental sounds about right
And YES CALL them! It’s not tacky, I had to do it. I divided itup into familes so each parent called their family. It’s the only way to get an accurate count.