(Closed) Last Name Troubles

posted 10 years ago in Names
Post # 3
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Honestly, I would ask him if he wouldn’t mind waiting. It just seems like such a hassle and so confusing otherwise!

Post # 4
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’d go with the last choice. If you just wait till after the wedding you can both change it together. There’s always the option of having him take YOUR name too, if he’s changing it to get rid of the old name, rather than because he wants the new name. ^_^

Post # 5
117 posts
Blushing bee

i would wait and change your names together.  spin it into a fun, bonding thing for you two to do together.

Post # 6
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

That seems super confusing to me too!  I would have to agree to wait to change it … if he really insists on change it before and adding to the confusion … I would put a simple additional insert into the save the dates and invites explaining the situation. I can definitely see it as been super confusing to some of your guests.

Good luck!

Post # 7
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Rancho Bernardo Inn

I would want to change after…and maybe at the wedding be introduced and Mr. and Mrs. So and So for the first time.  Does he have a preference which name is used on the save the dates/invites? 

Post # 9
7081 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Sounds fun to be starting life together with a new name all around!  Good luck to you.  Please keep us posted.

Post # 10
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow, lots going on for you around the same time!  I’ve heard that it’s easier for him to change his name, then you go and change yours and say you want to because you got married.  If you just both go to the courts to get your names changed it will be extra hassles and extra $$$…at least from what I’ve read on here before.

Post # 11
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

Yes I agree – he’s got to do it before you can. I think unless you provide the court order for his name change along with your marriage certificate, the ‘marriage-name-change" procedures only work to change your last name to the last name of your groom, as it’s printed on the marriage certificate.

The topic ‘Last Name Troubles’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors