(Closed) Latest Vistaprint Groupon – $25 for $100. Is this deal worth it?

posted 5 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

i’ve gotten the groupon not for invitations but for other things and got the sale price… the only thing not included is shipping

Post # 4
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@lazy:  I don’t know about this Groupon in particular, but I got a Groupon almost a year ago (right before school started…I’m an elementary teacher) and I got 2 personalized notepads, 2 personalized post-it pads (with post-it holder), a ton of business cards, a business card holder and a tote bag that says “I Heart Reading.”

If memory serves me right, I got the groupon for $15 or $20 and got about $80 worth of stuff. The one thing I remember (that I figured out right before checking out, thank goodness) is that I had to use it all at one time. Not sure if that’s the case this time, too.

For me, though, I’m a pretty satisfied customer.

Post # 5
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

It is hard to know without seeing the link for where you can redeem it.

On some of the past $17 for $70 groupons, they were redeemed at vistaprint.com/groupon17for70. At that link, you got at least 30% off of everything plus free shipping if you spent an extra $25. That was a really good deal.

On a more recent one I bought, it said to redeem it at vistaprint.com/groupon17. NO discount on that one. The prices were way jacked up. It was not a good deal. BUT… guess what? I was able to redeem the groupon at that other link. Got way more value for my money.

I will say I have been VERY happy with their quality and customer service. I’ve had several different orders – Save-The-Date Cards, shower invites, posters for directional signs, programs, menu cards, etc. I’ve usually upgraded the paper (but not on the shower invites), and I think that was worth it. But one of the posters came just slightly damaged and they shipped me a new one FAST and were so helpful.

Post # 6
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I bought a 17 for 70 a while back, so 25 for 100 seems like a great deal too!

Post # 7
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@lazy:  deffinately, we did a $17 for $70. When I started to prder everything the totals were unbeleivable. You can go on vista pretend you are going to get something and just see what the amount will be. I also found that it said you can’t use it on sale items but I did and it worked out great. we go 80 invitations, 80 rsvp’s and 80 thank you cards (i would have done the std’s but I did know about the groupon until after) anyway all in all I think the shipping was a grand total of 20 and I used 3 $17 groupons (i bought one for me, one for Fiance bc it says you may buy one as a gift and got a Bridesmaid or Best Man to buy one) this was an awesome savings and I would do it again!

Post # 8
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I used a groupon – it got added to my cart along with my cards. Then I went to retail-me-not and clicked through one of their 50% off links and I was able to use both at once.

The only catch was that the groupon said I could have free shipping, and I could, but it went away when I used the 50% off coupon. So I had to choose there. But I was able to double up.

I’m sure there’s no way to tell if the coupon gods are going to be good to you until you try to use them. So it’s still a gamble. Good luck!

Post # 9
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

FYI – I bought this groupon and used it this morning. I was able to add stuff to my cart (at full price), input my Groupon in the cart, and then go in and use the RetailMeNot link to go back to Vistaprint and it gave the 50% off discount. HUGE savings.

For the $25 Groupon + $12.52 in shipping, I got two large lawn signs (double sided with uploaded images) and the stands for them and 100 double-sided full color brochures for our Out of Town bags (again, I uploaded the design which usually has a cost to it).

Very happy with the Groupons IF you remember to combine them with their other discounts.

Post # 11
2654 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Oh my goodness. Thank you lazy for the Groupon heads up! I already have a $17 for $70 waiting to be used, but now I’m going to save it to order the thank you cards and envelopes. Thank you koi424 for the Retail Me Not savings! I was able to add individual menu cards along with the invitations and rsvp cards and am still spending under $50!!!

Post # 13
9142 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@lazy:  I was able to combine my Groupon with a 50% off offer.  It was totally worth it.  I only ended up spending $27 on invitations and save the dates ($17 for the coupon and $10 for shipping/handling.)

Post # 14
2025 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@E_Lynne615:  Ok, seriously…THANK YOU!!! I had one in my area a few weeks back and I forgot all about it so I just went ahead and ordered my Save-The-Date Cards. I still got a good deal 200 postcards for $57. But i just ordered two groupons for it so I can really really save on my invitations!!! 🙂

Post # 15
1860 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@jesssamesssa:  You’re welcome!! It’s awesome to be able to save whenever you can, and I had a great experience with my Vistaprint wedding stuff! 🙂

Post # 16
1772 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Just ditto-ing that, yes, you can use your vistaprint groupons in combination with other coupons.  

Prep whatever items you want to order and have them in your portfolio, ready to order.  Log in the way it says you need to in order to use your groupon, find whatever other coupons there are (I used retailmenot’s 50% off & free shipping for $50 or more), then add the items you want to buy from your portfolio to your cart.  Both the retailmenot discount and the groupon (I had $17 for 70) are there, saving you money.  

The free shipping didn’t work- I’m guessing because I only paid for $9 (not the required $50+) of merchandise after the retailmenot discount and groupon were applied.

I got $160 worth of merchandise and I only paid $42.  So ecstatic- thanks, bees.  Retailmenot cut $160 down to $80, I’d already gotten $70 of that covered by the $17 groupon, then I paid $9 for the extra $20 worth of merchandise, and $16 for shipping.

For $42, I got 100 postcard-sized magnets (so they are under $0.42 each), 20 bach party invites for a friend, stickers for the bach party, & thank you cards for her bach party too.  My gf is so excited that she already has thank you cards for her bach party/shower & I wasn’t even going to do paper save the dates before and I had just assumed magnets would be way too pricey, until I found out about these deals on the bee.  

The topic ‘Latest Vistaprint Groupon – $25 for $100. Is this deal worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors