(Closed) Lawyer bees: Traveling abroad with minor – need consent from ex – help!

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
13015 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You should probably go to your lawyer for this information.  He would be familiar with your case and the laws surrounding it.  Asking for information on an online message board is risky business when it’s such a serious issue!  Good luck!

Post # 4
1013 posts
Bumble bee

I’m not sure. I thought you needed consent of both parents. so yes discuss with your lawyer.

And what a douche! why would he make this into an issue?

Post # 6
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You need to talk to your lawyer, this stuff varies in specifics from state to state.  It sounds like, in the most general terms, the way to get the court to sign off on it would be by way of a motion, which can be an expensive (and lengthy) pain in the ass, and honestly, you may not have time at this point to get it done.  But this is a very specific question having to do with laws in your specific state, so you need to talk to a lawyer in your state.

Post # 8
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Please, please do not put your daughter in the middle of this.  If you want to just let the issue drop, then that’s one thing.  But no child should ever be put in the middle of a parental dispute.  Not even one where you’re trying to benefit her by taking her on a trip.  She should not be the one asking him to sign off, or “dealing witht he fallout.”  Either keep after him yourself, or just let it drop.  But please, for your child’s sake – don’t make her the messenger.

The topic ‘Lawyer bees: Traveling abroad with minor – need consent from ex – help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors