(Closed) Lazaro 3002 Advice

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hello and welcome to Weddingbee! I think you’re referring to my posts regarding the dress and I’m very sorry to have scared you off. I don’t know of any other Bees that wore the dress yet but I know others that have purchased it. Mine was not a review of the dress but rather my personal experience. I still think the dress itself is gorgeous. I just didn’t particularly want a mermaid dress, and I wanted something that emphasized my waist and not my hips, so I probably made a wrong choice from the start. If you search my dress threads you’ll find tons of pics I posted before the alterations and on my wedding day. Also there should still be a post under the Classifieds (I already sold the dress but the old link may still be up) . These were my issues:

– Based on the Lazaro size chart, I fit into a size 6 with my dress 34-25-36.5 measurements. But, that turned out to be wrong. I could’ve probably easily fit into a 4 or even a 2. The dress I got was just big everywhere

– In order for the sides to be taken in several inches, all the flower appliques had to come off and then go back on. This means extra work = extra money. I wanted some of the flowers removed from the stomach area as I felt they made me look like I have a pouch on my stomach, but this wasn’t possible because they leave visible holes in the tulle when they’re taken out.

– It’s not one of those dresses that fit the curves like a glove or flatter you with rouching etc. It is a thick dress, and the embrodiery and beading add even more

– It is super heavy. It broke two hangers before my wedding. Boning has to be added inside for sure so the dress stays on, and a “seatbelt”.

– My dress just looked and fit different from the sample I tried on. The skirt was poofy in the front in a weird way. Don’t know if that was just my luck. We had to remove layers of tulle so that poof goes away, but then the skirt looked more deflated than I wanted.

If you loved the dress on you when you tried it on, there’s no reason to worry. I just didn’t love it on me from the start, thought it would look better when it was my size but it didn’t. I still like my wedding photos, hope you like them as well 🙂 I hope you get it because I am still waiting to see another bride who wore it better than I did and make the dress look as good as it deserves!

Post # 6
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@meliss:

I am also looking at dress 3002 and I am unsure as well.  The salon I tried it on at didn’t use clips, they used pins and it was big on me, so I had to really try hard to imagine what the correct size would look like on me.  I was concerned about the hip area too.  The model in the Lazaro runway picture doesn’t look good in it, like it is too big for her and her hips look awful.  I would love to see the pictures of your dress or anyone elses that got 3002.  I am not too concerned about the weight because I really loved the detailing of the dress, I am just so fearful that I will get it and my hips will look huge.  Did anyone get this dress and not have problems with alterations by their hips? 

Thanks so much for all the help.  I am soooo tired of looking for a dress I just can’t find one that I know right off the bat that I like, so I don’t know what to do.  3002 would be it if I knew that it would fit me like a glove and not make my hips look big. 

Post # 7
10 posts
Newbee

@vrstadevojke:

I love 3002 as well but I am unsure about the fit especially around the hips.  What did you decide.  I would love to know because I am so torn and my wedding is this August so I have to decide asap and rush whatever I decide.

Post # 8
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I didn’t order that particular dress but I am a Lazaro bride and I have had nothing but a great experience so far. With any of Lazaro’s gowns that are really detailed, you may run into more work in the alterations anyways.

I fell in between 2 sizes that my consultant measured me for and I picked the smaller. I expected it to come in and need some altrerations at least in the chest and hips so that wasn’t a surprise. It’s rare that you order your gown and it’s fits you perfectly. Bridal gown sizes and sizing is a lot different that what you would normally wear in a dress, or street sizes. I’m normally a 2 street size but in my gown, I was between a 6 and an 8. I may have gone into a 4 but I was worried in places it might be too tight and not be able to be let out.

The big thing is to fit your gown to your biggest area because you can always have it taken in. If you feel you might be 1 size down then go for it because if it’s a litte tight, it wouldn’t be too hard to maybe lose a few lbs. As for making sure the salon doesn’t put th wrong size to get more money in alterations, don’t forget that YOU have the final say in the size you order.

I love my gown and like I said, I haven’t had any problems with it. Go with the gown you love and everything else will work out!

Post # 9
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@KrissyM: I have posted several pics before but let me know if you can’t find them and I’ll post some.

It’s a beautiful dress, but I think it inadvertently makes the wearer look bigger than she is. The silhouette, the thick tulle fabric and the extreme beading make it difficult to fit the body like a glove. I had three wedding dresses altered and only had this problem with this dress. It’s a very heavy dress and you’ll almost certainly have to add boning to hold it up. Also I think it looks chunkier than the other Lazaro dresses, because of the 3-D embroidery that falls right on the stomach (at least it did on me when I ordered it with the bodice slightly shortened). In retrospect I kinda wish I’d gone with the LZ3804 or the LZ3819 instead. I’ve seen some girls added a corset back to the dress, if you have time to do this I think that will help with the fit. I didn’t think it made my hips look huge, rather that it didn’t define my waist and made me look boxy, and also made it look like I have a gut.  

I’m a size 2 with big boobs (34D), was ordered a 6 and it was way too big everywhere. I have no doubt I could’ve fit into a 4 or maybe even a 2.

If you love it, you should get it. I was never sure about the fit from the start. It is still the most beautiful wedding dress I’ve ever seen, just not the most flattering one for my body type (petite and very hourglass).

Post # 10
10 posts
Newbee

@mrsmurraytobe

So funny that you responded to my post because my last name is Murray!  🙂  Great name! 

Post # 11
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@vrstadevojke: I am curious to find out how your alterations went. I purchased this gown and it is really big on me. How much can it be taken in?

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@mrsmurraytobe: I just ordered this dress for my late fall 2012 wedding. Like you, I fell between  sizes: the 6 and 8. My street size in dresses is a 2. The 6 will probably be ok, but we ended up ordering the 8 because it gave me more length (I’m 5’8″). We were scared that the 6 would hit me just right barefoot, but that would mean I would have to wear totally flat shoes on my wedding day  -which might sound nice, but I don’t want to do!

The topic ‘Lazaro 3002 Advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors