(Closed) Lazaro 3002 – Size??

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

This is my dress!!! I wore it for my May wedding. First time I’m seeing it another bride on WB, yay!

Don’t mean to scare you, but that does sound like they may have ordered it too big. I’m the EXACT same measurements as you and they ordered a size 6 for me. According the Lazaro size chart (I have it here still) you fit right into a 6 so don’t know why they would’ve ordered a 10. And guess what, even the size 6 was huge on me  when it arrived 6 weeks before the wedding. You’re right that alterations were very difficult due to the embrodiery. My seamstress said I could’ve ordered a 4 or even a 2 and it would’ve been better. She also said it was one of the most beautiful but difficult dresses she worked on. Even after alterations, the dress never looked as good as me as it did clipped in the store. I had such horrible dress anxiety that I ended up buying three(!) more dresses in the weeks before the wedding. I ultimately wore the Lazaro for the ceremony, and one of the others for the reception. Despite the sizing woes, it was too beautiful a dress to just sit in the clost unworn. If you search some of the older threads I started, you can see pics of the size 10 tried on, the size 6 I received, and the final state of the dress after alterations. I’ll also look for some pics tomorrow…

Post # 4
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I was looking at the size chart too and you fit into a 6.  I suggest calling the store or going back there to make sure they order the correct size and don’t overcharge you for unnecessary alterations.  Also, what size is the sample?  I’m sure the sample is probably a size 8.  And it’s clipped on you.  Tell them to order the 6. 

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@mck1126:  I just ordered this dress for my late fall 2012 wedding. Like you, I fell between  sizes: the 6 and 8. My street size in dresses is a 2. The 6 will probably be ok, but we ended up ordering the 8 because it gave me more length (I’m 5’8″). We were scared that the 6 would hit me just right barefoot, but that would mean I would have to wear totally flat shoes on my wedding day  -which might sound nice, but I don’t want to do! How did the alterations work out for you?

The topic ‘Lazaro 3002 – Size??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors